Teacher Lesson Plans
These lessons are designed to help you use the “Electronic Field Trip to the Belle of Louisville” video and web site in your classroom.
All lesson plans are aligned with Kentucky state education standards, which are based on national standards.
See the Related Instructional Resources web page for more helpful materials, some of which are referred to in the lesson plans and some that are stand-alone resources.
- Belle Lesson Plan: River Travel Math - 'Rithmetic math worksheets and answer keys (PDF)
- Belle Lesson Plan: Belle of Louisville Diagram Math - Boat diagram with math problems to solve (PDF)
- Belle Lesson Plan: In My Own Words - Read “Steamboat Adventure” and practice personal writing skills (PDF)
- Belle Lesson Plan: Feature Articles: Life on the River - News articles and student writing exercises (PDF)
- Belle Lesson Plan: All Hands on Deck! - Study job duties and vocabulary used on the Belle (PDF)