Electronic Field Trip A Beef Cattle Farm
A visit to the Goggin family farm in Boyle County explores how cattle are bred, raised, and cared for; how cows are able to digest grass; and what life on a cattle farm is like. A 1997 co-production of KET and the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture.
During this one-hour visit, family members show us around the farm and answer questions like these:
- Why do they raise beef cattle?
- What role does the veterinarian play in the operation?
- How is artificial insemination used?
- How do cows digest grass?
- What's a day on the farm like for kids?
The University of Kentucky's College of Agriculture has a web site with activities:
The Electronic Field Trip to a Beef Cattle Farm is a 1997 KET production.