The following classroom activities reinforce vocabulary heard in KET’s Electronic Field Trip to the Dentist. For online reference, terms and definitions are listed on the glossary page. A printer-friendly version has also been provided so that you may duplicate the terms for students to use with these activities.
- Students will work in groups of four. Make a copy of the dental health vocabulary words for each group. Cut apart the words and definitions and put the pieces in a baggie or envelope. Finally, make an overhead transparency of the dental health vocabulary page.
- Reinforce the vocabulary by having students work in groups to match words with definitions. Have students tape or glue their words and definitions to construction paper.
- Students can check their work using the overhead transparency of the vocabulary page.
- Duplicate the Tooth Crossword for each student (Student Handout 1). Have students work independently to complete the crossword.
- Pair the students off and have partners compare their crosswords. Are their solutions the same? If there are differences, use a printout of the vocabulary page to find the correct words and definitions.
- Give the five multiple-choice questions on dental health vocabulary (Student Handout 2) as exit slips, a review, or a quiz.