|KET and the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture staff spent a year
documenting the work of orchard owners Mark and Don Haney, who live near
In this 35-minute electronic field trip, you'll learn about
To purchase videotapes of this and other KET Electronic Field Trips, call (800) 945-9167 or E-mail .
- the crucial role played by honeybees in fruit production,
- the importance of pruning trees in winter,
- marketing apples to consumers,
- how many apples are produced on one tree,
- the economics of operating a successful orchard,
- the fun of visiting an orchard to pick your own apples,
- and much more!
UK College of Agriculture orchard field trip web site
Study guide questions
Washington Apples is a good source of info on apples for students.
Eat 5 a Day Does an apple a day really keep the doctor away?
Fruit of the Day
AJ and the Jammin' Juicers is “apple juice on the Internet”—a fun site for kids.
Johnny Appleseed story
Honey facts and honey recipes for kids
Last Updated: Thursday, 03-Dec-2009 11:06:43 EST