- What is a diversified farm?
- What important activity happens in the winter?
- Why is pruning important?
- Why would you wear safety glasses when pruning?
- Which are better for fruit bearing, horizontal or vertical limbs.
- Insects beside bees can pollinate, so why would someone rent beehives in the spring?
- What is the most important tool for a beekeeper?
- Name some of the jobs of the worker bee.
- Do we have killer bees in Kentucky?
- How does the orchard owner make a season last for picking and selling peaches?
- What makes a locally grown peach better than one flown in from California?
- Describe how Mark Haney thins peaches.
- What sells an apple?
- What is the king blossom?
- Name as many different apple varieties as you can.
- Why would an orchard owner go to a national trade show?
- How is the Haney market different from a supermarket?
- How do the Haneys "add value" to their product?
- What are some of the things to consider when pricing apples for sales?
- Explain why running an orchard is a year round job.
Last Updated: Thursday, 03-Dec-2009 11:07:08 EST