Electronic Field Trip to Toyota Program Outline and Study Questions
Click on a photo to see a larger view.
- Overview of TMMK - Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky
- How many people work at TMMK?
- How is TMMK in Georgetown like a city?
- How are work shifts planned with ergonomics in mind?
- How does one company influence employment at other companies even in other states and other countries?
- What is a die used in automotive manufacturing?
- How do big coils of steel become car parts?
- Body Weld
- Why are robotics essential to a modern production plant?
- Compare use of machines and people.
- Why are so many welds necessary to build a car?
- How would operating on a pull system (only producing parts and cars on order) influence the way a production plant operates?
- Power Train
- What do employees in power train need to know about engines?
- What is takt time?
- What is one way Toyota uses leftover paint from the painting process?
- What does kaizen mean? How is this concept used at Toyota?
- What Toyota concepts could you apply to your school? How would you implement the idea?
- How are Toyota's problem solving steps similar to steps you've learned at school?
- How do plastic beads become plastic parts for cars?
- How is the andon cord used throughout the plant and in final inspection?
- What is expected on the job at TMMK?
- What qualities are important in getting a job at TMMK? Why?
- What education is required at TMMK?
- What is rare about Toyota making the Sienna mini-van in Georgetown?
- How would you design cars to be safer than they are?
- How do you think automotive plants will change in the future?
[ Other KET Electronic Field Trips ]
Last Updated: Tuesday, 17-Jan-2006 16:03:11 EST