Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/
Episode description: Explores the life and work of influential author Ralph Ellison, whose novel Invisible Man was a landmark in African-American literature and won him a lifetime of awards and honors. The program features a tribute from Nobel Laureate Toni Morrison; interviews with critic Stanley Crouch, author Shelby Steele, author and political activist Amiri Baraka, and Harvard University professor Cornel West; rare archival footage; and never-before-seen photos from Ellison's family albums. [cc]
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: American Masters
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 at 9:00 pm EDT
- PBSHD: Saturday, August 27, 2005 at midnight EDT
- KET4: Friday, August 26, 2005 at 9:00 pm EDT
- PBSHD: Friday, August 26, 2005 at 9:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Thursday, August 25, 2005 at 4:00 am EDT
First aired: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/
EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/education/index.html
Price available upon request.