Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/
Episode description: During the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, Sister Rosetta Tharpe introduced the spiritual passion of her gospel music into the secular world of popular rock 'n roll. This flamboyant African American gospel superstar was a natural born performer and rebel. She was a major influence on generations of black and white musicians including Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, and more.
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: American Masters
- KET2: Saturday, September 6 at 3:00 am EDT
- KET2: Monday, September 8 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET: Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2: Monday, February 25, 2013 at 4:00 am EST
- KET: Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 2:30 am EST
First aired: Friday, February 22, 2013 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/
EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/education/index.html
Price available upon request.