Episode description: Marks the 50th anniversary of Born Free's publication by revisiting the inspirational story of Austrian artist and author Joy and her husband George Adamson, a warden turned wildlife conservationist. The extraordinary relationship between Elsa the lioness and her adopted 'parents' caused a seismic shift in popular attitudes towards animals and left a legacy that is as controversial today as it is fondly celebrated.
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET: Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 3:00 am EST
- KET2: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET: Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 3:00 pm EST
- KET: Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2: Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 8:00 pm EST
First aired: Thursday, January 5, 2012 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)