Web site: http://www.pbs.org/broadway/
Episode description: The Great Depression proves to be a dynamic period of creative growth on Broadway. While productions such as Cole Porter's Anything Goes offer glamour and high times as an escape, others—such as the satire Of Thee I Sing and the WPA production The Cradle Will Rock, about a steel strike—deal directly with the era's social and political concerns. Bing Crosby records "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime" and takes the Hit Parade by surprise.
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: Broadway: The American Musical
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET: Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2: Monday, October 22, 2012 at 2:00 am EDT
- KET: Thursday, October 11, 2007 at 9:00 pm EDT
First aired: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/broadway/
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of Broadway: The American Musical is made possible in part by:
- EKU Center for the Arts