Web site: http://www.pbs.org/speak/
Episode description: On the West Coast, MacNeil dives into the distinctive speech patterns of various minority groups and subcultures, including "Spanglish"; Chicano, the street talk of the Los Angeles Latino community; African-American Ebonics; and the "dude-speak" of surfers and skaters. He also explores the homogenizing influence of Hollywood and the societal and cultural implications of technologies like voice-activated computers. [cc]
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: Do You Speak American?
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 3:00 am EST
- KET: Saturday, November 24, 2007 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2: Sunday, November 18, 2007 at 10:00 pm EST
- KET: Friday, October 28, 2005 at 10:00 pm EDT
- KET: Monday, May 9, 2005 at 4:00 am EDT
First aired: Wednesday, January 5, 2005 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/speak/