Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/
Episode description: Examines the controversy over complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). Interviews with supporters, skeptical scientists, and observers on both sides of the debate look at the increased scrutiny of these popular treatments as the first real studies of their effectiveness are published. Are hospitals that offer alternative therapies conferring a sense of legitimacy on these largely untested and scientifically unproven treatments? [cc]
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: Frontline
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET: Monday, December 12, 2005 at 10:00 pm EST
- KET2: Thursday, December 1, 2005 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2: Thursday, December 1, 2005 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET: Monday, January 3, 2005 at 10:00 pm EST
First aired: Thursday, November 6, 2003 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/
TRANSCRIPT: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/altmed/etc/tapes. html
Price available upon request.