Episode description: Gender-based violence in Sierra Leone, a country where most of the assaults and rapes go unreported, is investigated. In Cambodia, Meg Ryan and Kristof examine the issue of sex trafficking. In Vietnam, the series examines Room to Read, an organization which works to promote literacy and equal education for girls across the developing world.
Rating: [TV-M] (Mature Audiences Only)
Series Information: Half The Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 3:00 am EST
- KET: Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 2:30 am EST
- KET2: Monday, February 11, 2013 at 10:00 pm EST
- KET2: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 9:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 3:00 am EDT
First aired: Monday, October 1, 2012 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/half-the-sky/