Episode description: Could a wreck in the Copper River Delta near Cordova, AK be the SS Portland, the steamship whose cargo of nearly two tons of gold started the great Klondike Gold Rush of 1897? Was a saddle now owned by John Walden of Bourbon County really used by Confederate general John Hunt Morgan on his famous 1863 raid? And is a beautiful old banner stored in a San Francisco archive the same one carried at the head of the famous Delano Grape Boycott march led by César Chávez in 1966? [cc]
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: History Detectives
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 7:00 pm EST
- PBSHD: Thursday, September 1, 2005 at noon EDT
- PBSHD: Monday, August 15, 2005 at noon EDT
- KET2: Monday, August 8, 2005 at 9:00 pm EDT
First aired: Monday, September 6, 2004 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/
TEACHER'S GUIDE: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/classroom/index.html
Price available upon request.