Episode description: A Texas woman of Cherokee descent is intrigued by what appears to be Cherokee writing on a mysterious Bible she inherited from her father. A banjo recently purchased by a Chicago resident dates to the mid-1800s and was bought from a former slave. And the detectives follow the trail of the United Empire Loyalists, descendants of the more than 50,000 people who fled to Canada following the defeat of the British in the Revolutionary War. [cc]
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: History Detectives
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2: Saturday, June 19, 2010 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2: Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET: Friday, May 18, 2007 at 4:00 am EDT
First aired: Monday, July 25, 2005 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/
TEACHER'S GUIDE: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/classroom/index.html
Price available upon request.