Episode description: A painting passed down through a Maryland family may be an authentic portrait of George Washington by famed artist Gilbert Stuart, whose résumé includes the portrait of Washington that appears on today's dollar bill. In Salem, OR, a poem found hidden in an antique trunk appears to have been written by an American named Dan Goodhue who was a POW in England in 1780. And an old cannon now kept in a Boston-area national park storage facility may have played a role in precipitating the first battle of the Revolutionary War. [cc]
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: History Detectives
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2: Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2: Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2: Saturday, May 26, 2007 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET: Friday, May 25, 2007 at 4:00 am EDT
First aired: Monday, August 1, 2005 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/
TEACHER'S GUIDE: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/classroom/index.html
Price available upon request.