Episode description: Wes Cowan decodes the message and strategy behind a U.S. World War II propaganda leaflet. Researching a family heirloom, a watercolor, leads Gwen Wright to Tiffany stained glass, and opportunity for early 20th century women. And a touching eulogy unites a nephew and a son of two American soldiers who fought in the Spanish Civil War.
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: History Detectives
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Monday, October 29, 2012 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2: Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2: Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm EDT
First aired: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/
TEACHER'S GUIDE: http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/classroom/index.html
Price available upon request.