Episode description: In 1955, the school board of a small Arkansas town voluntarily integrated its schools, setting off the first confrontation with a growing Southern movement to resist the Supreme Court's Brown v. Board of Education decision. Despite threats from outside agitators, the Hoxie board members refused to rescind their decision. Julian Bond narrates. [cc]
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET2: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2: Monday, December 19, 2005 at 10:00 pm EST
- KET: Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 3:00 am EDT
- KET2: Sunday, August 29, 2004 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 at 2:00 am EDT
First aired: Monday, February 16, 2004 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Price available upon request.
Home videos not available.