Web site: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens
Episode description: The African American love affair with soul food is deep-rooted, complex, and in some tragic cases, deadly. This film puts this culinary tradition under the microscope to examine both its benefits and consequences.
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: Independent Lens
- KET2: Wednesday, May 22 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET: Sunday, May 26 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2: Sunday, May 26 at 3:00 am EDT
- KET2: Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 3:00 am EST
- KET: Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 1:30 am EST
- KET2: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2: Monday, January 14, 2013 at 10:00 pm EST
First aired: Monday, January 14, 2013 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens
Price available upon request.
Some films from the series are available from other sources; see notes for specific episodes.
(800) PLAY-PBS (752-9727)
1320 Braddock Place
Alexandria, VA 22314