Episode description: The story of locomotion is fascinating. The invention was created to harness 'horse power' and move goods and people across America, faster than anyone could ever imagine. The earliest locomotive engine was created in England in the 1820's. Soon after, the engine arrived in America where steam power dominated transportation for more than a century. Today this story is embodied in the acquisition by the Historic Railpark & Train Museum of former Chicago & Northwestern RR locomotive 2011. [cc]
Series Information: All Aboard: Kentucky and the American Railroads
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 6:30 pm EDT
- KETKY: Friday, April 11, 2014 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 10:30 pm EDT
- KETKY: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 11:30 am EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 4:30 pm EST
First aired: Sunday, May 2, 2010 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Price available upon request.
Bowling Green, KY