Episode description: The story of locomotion is fascinating. The invention was created to harness 'horse power' and move goods and people across America, faster than anyone could ever imagine. The earliest locomotive engine was created in England in the 1820's. Soon after, the engine arrived in America where steam power dominated transportation for more than a century. Today this story is embodied in the acquisition by the Historic Railpark & Train Museum of former Chicago & Northwestern RR locomotive 2011. [cc]
Series Information: All Aboard: Kentucky and the American Railroads
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 11:30 am EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 4:30 pm EST
- KETKY: Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 3:30 am EST
- KETKY: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm EDT
First aired: Sunday, May 2, 2010 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Price available upon request.
Bowling Green, KY