Episode description: Chester Cornett made chairs for Presidents and his work is displayed in museums across the country. In this film, Chester fells a tree on the site of his family's homeplace on the top of Pine Mountain in southeastern Kentucky and transports it back to his small apartment and workshop in inner-city Cincinnati. He uses simple hand tools to chop, whittle, and carve the wood into an exquisite, eight-legged, "two-in-one" rocker.
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: Appalshop @ 40: Classics from the Collection
- KETKY: Tuesday, May 28 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Friday, May 31 at 10:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, June 1 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, August 13 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Friday, August 16 at 10:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, August 17 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 1:00 am EST
- KETKY: Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 2:00 am EST
- KETKY: Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm EST
First aired: Thursday, January 27, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Price available upon request.
91 Madison St.
Whitesburg, KY 41858