Episode description: Chester Cornett made chairs for Presidents and his work is displayed in museums across the country. In this film, Chester fells a tree on the site of his family's homeplace on the top of Pine Mountain in southeastern Kentucky and transports it back to his small apartment and workshop in inner-city Cincinnati. He uses simple hand tools to chop, whittle, and carve the wood into an exquisite, eight-legged, "two-in-one" rocker.
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: Appalshop @ 40: Classics from the Collection
- KETKY: Sunday, January 12 at 8:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Monday, January 13 at 11:00 am EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, January 14 at 1:00 am EST
- KETKY: Thursday, January 16 at 7:00 am EST
- KETKY: Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 7:00 am EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 1:00 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, October 28, 2013 at 11:00 am EST
- KETKY: Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 2:00 am EDT
First aired: Thursday, January 27, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Price available upon request.
91 Madison St.
Whitesburg, KY 41858