Episode description: On February 26, 1972, a coal-waste dam owned by the Pittston Company collapsed at the head of a crowded hollow in southern West Virginia. The disaster left 125 dead and 4,000 homeless. Interviews with survivors, representatives of union and citizen's groups, and officials of the Pittston Company are juxtaposed with actual footage of the flood. Filmed ten years after the Flood, Buffalo Creek Revisited looks at the second disaster, in which the survivors' efforts to rebuild the communities are thwarted by government insensitivity and a century-old pattern of corporate control of the region's land and resources.
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: Appalshop @ 40: Classics from the Collection
- KETKY: Tuesday, June 4 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Friday, June 7 at 10:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Friday, August 23, 2013 at 10:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 1:00 am EST
- KETKY: Friday, March 22, 2013 at 9:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 6:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 2:00 am EST
- KETKY: Friday, January 4, 2013 at 10:00 pm EST
First aired: Thursday, February 3, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Price available upon request.
91 Madison St.
Whitesburg, KY 41858