Web site: http://www.ket.org/basketball/
Episode description: Spotlights the first games played in Louisville's YMCA gym in 1895, girls' basketball from 1900 to the 1930s, the 1928 Carr Creek-Ashland state championship game, Kavanaugh High in Lawrenceburg from the 1900s to the 1940s, the coming of coaches Ed Diddle to Western Kentucky University and Adolph Rupp to the University of Kentucky, and the Brewers' state championship in 1948. Interwoven with the historical segments is a behind-the-scenes look at Male High School's run through the 2001 Sweet 16. A KET production. Watch Online
Series Information: Basketball in Kentucky—Great Balls of Fire
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 6:00 am EST
- KETKY: Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 1:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 8:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 1:00 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, April 2, 2012 at 9:00 am EDT
First aired: Tuesday, March 5, 2002 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
2-disc set featuring 90 minutes of video not seen in the broadcast version.
KET Duplication Services
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296