Episode description: Pioneer families made baskets, fishing nets, quilts, brooms, and furniture by hand, from whatever materials were available, because they had to. Today, these same items are mass-produced and readily available, but the hand-made versions persist for very different reasons. This 1993 KET documentary visits members of five Western Kentucky families to discover how they are preserving the tradition of hand-crafting these household items—and why they believe it is important to maintain this link to the past. Watch Online
- KETKY: Monday, June 24 at 1:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, June 25 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, June 27 at 9:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, June 29 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Saturday, July 6 at 11:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Friday, April 19 at 3:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 9:00 am EST
- KETKY: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 9:00 pm EST
This program is (c)1993.
Price available upon request.
KET Duplication Services
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296