Episode description: Kentucky's most notable historian, Dr. Thomas D. Clark, personally saved a large portion of the state's printed records from destruction. Those documents later became a core collection at the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives. Often referred to as the "Dean of Historians," Clark also wrote A History of Kentucky, published in 1937 and still considered the standard history of the Commonwealth. A 1976 KET production. Watch Online
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: Distinguished Kentuckian
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Friday, June 20, 2014 at 5:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 4:00 am EDT
- KETKY: Monday, June 16, 2014 at noon EDT
- KETKY: Friday, December 20, 2013 at 5:00 am EST
- KETKY: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:00 am EST
This program is (c)1976.
Official web site: http://www.ket.org/kentucky/distinguished_kentuckian.htm