Episode description: From her basement in Lexington, Harriet Van Meter started the International Book Project to collect and distribute books to war-torn and impoverished regions around the world, hoping to help bring some measure of peace, understanding, and stability to these areas. To date, the IBP has distributed more than five million books, and Van Meter was a finalist for the 1986 Nobel Peace Prize. Produced by Arthur Rouse and Kiley Lane with support from the KET Fund for Independent Production. [cc]
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Sunday, February 23 at 7:30 pm EST
- KETKY: Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 10:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Friday, November 22, 2013 at 8:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Monday, November 18, 2013 at 5:00 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, August 19, 2013 at 12:30 pm EDT
First aired: Thursday, May 11, 2006 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)