Episode description: From her basement in Lexington, Harriet Van Meter started the International Book Project to collect and distribute books to war-torn and impoverished regions around the world, hoping to help bring some measure of peace, understanding, and stability to these areas. To date, the IBP has distributed more than five million books, and Van Meter was a finalist for the 1986 Nobel Peace Prize. Produced by Arthur Rouse and Kiley Lane with support from the KET Fund for Independent Production. [cc]
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Friday, November 22 at 8:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Monday, November 18 at 5:00 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, August 19, 2013 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 2:30 pm EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 10:00 pm EDT
First aired: Thursday, May 11, 2006 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)