Episode description: From her basement in Lexington, Harriet Van Meter started the International Book Project to collect and distribute books to war-torn and impoverished regions around the world, hoping to help bring some measure of peace, understanding, and stability to these areas. To date, the IBP has distributed more than five million books, and Van Meter was a finalist for the 1986 Nobel Peace Prize. Produced by Arthur Rouse and Kiley Lane with support from the KET Fund for Independent Production. [cc]
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Thursday, August 28 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 6:30 pm EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 7:30 pm EST
- KETKY: Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 10:00 pm EST
First aired: Thursday, May 11, 2006 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)