Web site: http://www.johnhowardgriffin.org
Episode description: John Howard Griffin is best known as the white man who in 1959 disguised himself as a black man and then traveled anonymously through the heart of Dixie. From his experiences he wrote Black Like Me. This film focuses on Griffin's social activism and examines how a spiritual commitment led him from a segregated childhood in Fort Worth to fighting with the French Underground, sustained him during ten years of blindness incurred by war injuries, and inspired him during a prolific creative life as a writer/photographer. A Morgan Atkinson production.
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Wednesday, November 20 at 11:00 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, November 18 at 4:00 am EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, November 12 at 11:00 am EST
- KETKY: Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 11:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 9:00 pm EDT
First aired: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.johnhowardgriffin.org