Episode description: Ten years after the Kentucky Oral History Commission of the Kentucky Historical Society documented the civil rights experiences of African Americans in Kentucky in Living the Story: The Civil Rights Movement in Kentucky, KET visits and interviews those pivotal players who organized with others to demand legal and social equality. Host Renee Shaw talks with activitists including former State Senator Georgia Davis Powers; Louisville NAACP leader Raoul Cunningham; Lexington Urban League President PG Peeples; John Johnson, executive director of the Kentucky Commission on Human Rights; and Blaine Hudson, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Louisville. A 2012 KET production. Watch Online
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Thursday, February 27 at 3:51 pm EST
- KETKY: Thursday, February 27 at 3:00 pm EST
- KETKY: Wednesday, February 26 at 2:00 am EST
- KETKY: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 11:00 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, January 20, 2014 at 4:00 pm EST
First aired: Monday, January 16, 2012 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)