Episode description: A documentary history of the Louisville Water Co., chartered as a private company in 1854 but almost wholly owned by the city by the time regular water delivery began on October 22, 1860. In the early 1900s, the Louisville Water Co. pioneered techniques for clearing mud and sand from river water that served as a model for many other city systems. Today, the Louisville water system serves all of Jefferson County with almost 3,000 miles of pipeline. [cc]
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Tuesday, March 11 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, February 20 at 4:30 am EST
- KETKY: Monday, February 17 at 1:30 am EST
- KETKY: Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 2:30 pm EST
- KETKY: Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 10:00 pm EDT
First aired: Thursday, December 8, 2005 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)