Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/
Episode description: Investigates three regions where social and economic forces have produced starkly different population profiles. In India, women still bear an average of three to four children, and the country is on course to overtake China as the world's most populous. Japan now has more people over 60 than under 20, and the government is offering incentives to encourage women to have more children in order to stave off possible pension and productivity crises. In sub-Saharan Africa, AIDS is taking a heavy toll on adults between the ages of 20 and 60, leaving the very old and young to fend for themselves. [cc]
Rating: [TV-PG] (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Series Information: Nova
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET4: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET4: Friday, December 30, 2005 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET4: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 at 10:00 pm EST
- PBSHD: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 11:00 am EDT
- PBSHD: Saturday, August 20, 2005 at 9:00 am EDT
First aired: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/
Price available upon request.
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of Nova is made possible in part by: