Web site: http://www.pbs.org/pioneersoftelevision/
Episode description: In the early years of television, local kids' programs shaped the childhoods of millions of American children. Performers honed their skills performing on live TV with small budgets and little support. One early talent, Stan Freberg, got off the bus in the middle of Hollywood, became a cartoon voice talent, and created Time for Beany. Freberg's story is told along with the story of legendary Muppets creator Jim Henson, animator Bob Clampett, actor Chuck McCann, performer Pat McMahon, and Nancy Claster, who developed the Baltimore kids' series Romper Room - the first franchised show in television history.
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: Pioneers of Television
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KET: Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2: Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm EST
- KET2: Monday, February 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET: Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2: Friday, February 11, 2011 at 2:00 am EST
First aired: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/pioneersoftelevision/