Web site: http://www.whyquiltsmatter.org/
Episode description: The journey of the quilts of Gees Bend from the clotheslines of the South to the exhibition walls of the country's greatest museums. Shelly explores the aesthetic and social appeal of these quilts - and quilters - as well as the controversies they engendered, and analyzes their unique place in quilt history.
Rating: [TV-G] (General Audience)
Series Information: Why Quilts Matter: History, Art & Politics
No Upcoming Airdates.
- KETKY: Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KETKY: Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 9:00 am EST
- KETKY: Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 9:00 am EST
- KETKY: Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm EDT
First aired: Monday, October 3, 2011 (excluding any air dates prior to June 1999)
Official web site: http://www.whyquiltsmatter.org/