A food/reality series featuring Chef Vivian Howard located in her home town, a place she swore she would never return - the Deep South.
Sweet Corn & Expensive Tea #101
Chef Vivian and her husband, Ben, leave New York to open a restaurant in her small North Carolina hometown. She revisits the Southern tradition of "putting up" corn and makes smoked corn relish.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 10 at 7:30 pm EDT
Strawberry Stay at Home #102
Vivian and Ben rebuild their restaurant against the backdrop of the Southern harbinger of spring, the strawberry. Chef Vivian develops a recipe for coconut cornbread strawberry shortcake with basil whipped cream.
- KET Friday, September 12 at 11:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, September 17 at 7:30 pm EDT
Pimp My Grits #103
The restaurant gears up for a practice service when the new equipment and new menu will be tested in real time - but nothing is going as planned.
- KET Friday, September 19 at 11:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, September 24 at 7:30 pm EDT
Cracklin' Kitchen #104
Vivian christens the restaurant's new "whole animal, no waste" program with two little pigs from Warren Brothers' farm. She demonstrates how to make sweet potatoes with cracklins.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 1 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KET Friday, October 24 at 11:30 pm EDT
Tomatoes....You Say Heirloom, I Say Old Timey #105
Mary Vaughn shows Vivian the old-timey way to can tomatoes. Vivian prepares for a Southern Foodways Alliance luncheon at the restaurant.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 8 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KET Friday, October 31 at 11:30 pm EST
The World Is Your Oyster #106
Vivian goes to Cedar Island to explore the new culture of farm-raised oysters in the Southeast.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 15 at 7:30 pm EDT
Blueberries and Boiling Over #201
Vivian and Ben open the Boiler Room, a burger/oyster bar featuring Vivian's blueberry BBQ sauce.
- KET Friday, October 17 at 12:30 am EDT
Muscadine Time #107
Ben, Vivian, and the twins pick muscadine grapes at a small local vineyard while learning the history of this native grape. Vivian makes a pizza with mulled muscadines.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 22 at 7:30 pm EDT
Shrimp Sells #202
Vivian and Ben head to the beach for vacation. Vivian turns up the heat with Frogmore stew.
- KET Friday, October 24 at 12:30 am EDT
A Road Trip for Rice #108
Vivian travels to Columbia, South Carolina, and learns about Carolina heirloom rice growing in fields on the Savannah River.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 29 at 7:30 pm EST
R-E-S-P-E-C-T The Butterbean #203
Vivian chooses the beloved butterbean as the star of her new veggie burger at the Boiler Room.
- KET Friday, October 31 at 12:30 am EST
A Peanut Pastime #109
Vivian visits a peanut farm and prepares Pepsi glazed pork belly with country ham braised peanuts.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 5 at 7:30 pm EST
Don't Tom Thumb Your Nose at Me! Part 1 #204
Tom Thumb, a pungent and rich sausage stuffed into a pig's appendix, highlights Vivian's luncheon.
- KET Friday, November 7 at 12:30 am EST
Love Me Some Candied Yams! #110
Vivian introduces viewers to Rob and Amy Hill, proprietors of one of the largest sweet potato farms in the country and two of the restaurant's best customers.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 12 at 7:30 pm EST
Don't Tom Thumb Your Nose at Me! Part 2 #205
- KET Friday, November 14 at 12:30 am EST
Collard Green Queen #111
Vivian spends the morning with her neighbors, the Mills brothers, participating in their 100-year-old all-male family tradition of making collard kraut.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 19 at 7:30 pm EST
- KET Friday, November 21 at 12:30 am EST
The Buttermilk Belt #112
Vivian discusses buttermilk at Maple View Dairy and tries to shoot a Christmas card picture.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 26 at 7:30 pm EST
The Fish Episode, Y'all #207
- KET Friday, November 28 at 12:30 am EST
Have Yourself Some Moonshine #113
Vivian visits Broad Slab Distillery. AppleJack Moonshine cocktails are prepared and enjoyed.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 3 at 7:30 pm EST