Web site: http://www.americasheartland.org
This series celebrates the men and women across who grow the country's crops, raise its livestock, tend its nurseries, and prepare its food.
Head to Oklahoma for a harvest of sesame seeds and join the workers hauling in a bright white harvest of sea salt.
- KET2 Monday, July 21 at 9:30 am EDT
Step back in time to meet a man saving historic windmills. A savory mushroom recipe is shared.
- KET2 Monday, July 28 at 9:30 am EDT
Meet a Minnesota artist who created a career in painting cows and travel to a Nebraska "art farm."
- KET2 Monday, August 4 at 9:30 am EDT
Celebrate the variety of rural recipes from cornbread. Head for a Wisconsin racetrack where "motor mayhem" is part of the life for a dairy farmer.
- KET2 Monday, August 11 at 9:30 am EDT
An unusual sheep drive in Arizona's bad lands and a Tennessee sheep shearing school are showcased.
- KET2 Monday, August 18 at 9:30 am EDT
Discover how Idaho dairy farmers work to protect rivers and streams. Meet a Tennessee couple making award winning goat cheese.
- KET2 Monday, August 25 at 9:30 am EDT
A direct to consumer sales program brings success to a California organic farm, how gluten affects those with digestive disorders and more are featured.
- KET2 Monday, September 1 at 9:30 am EDT
Maine lobster fishermen are facing new challenges as they harvest crustaceans from the Atlantic Ocean. And a special kind of oyster farming in Maryland is helping clean up pollution in Chesapeake Bay.
- KET2 Monday, September 8 at 9:30 am EDT
A Nebraska wheat farm where the parents are giving their young children the skills to one day take over their farming operations is visited.
- KET2 Monday, September 15 at 9:30 am EDT
Meet a group of young people just starting out in farming and a young Florida couple teaching others about organic farming.
- KET2 Monday, September 22 at 9:30 am EDT
Texas Longhorn cattle at a Kansas ranch, stopping modern day cattle rustlers, and a cattle ranching family that's added Elk ranching to their rangeland are featured.
- KET2 Monday, September 29 at 9:30 am EDT
How lab work off the farm is improving the vintage for one California winemaker, African American vintners tap into new markets, and more are featured.
- KET2 Monday, October 6 at 9:30 am EDT
Two Nebraska women who are using the internet to help promote rural living and more are featured.
- KET2 Monday, October 13 at 9:30 am EDT
Urban gardening programs in Kansas City and a historic farm in the heart of Boston are highlighted.
- KET2 Monday, October 20 at 9:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 27, 2014 at 9:30 am EST
New Mexico ranchers who help farmers in Third World nations, one California city claims that title of Farm to Table capital in America, and more are featured.
- KET2 Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9:30 am EST
Official web site: http://www.americasheartland.org