Web site: http://www.americasheartland.org
This series celebrates the men and women across who grow the country's crops, raise its livestock, tend its nurseries, and prepare its food.
A Nebraska wheat farm where the parents are giving their young children the skills to one day take over their farming operations is visited.
- KET2 Monday, April 14 at 9:30 am EDT
Meet a group of young people just starting out in farming and a young Florida couple teaching others about organic farming.
- KET2 Monday, April 21 at 9:30 am EDT
Texas Longhorn cattle at a Kansas ranch, stopping modern day cattle rustlers, and a cattle ranching family that's added Elk ranching to their rangeland are featured.
- KET2 Monday, April 28 at 9:30 am EDT
How lab work off the farm is improving the vintage for one California winemaker, African American vintners tap into new markets, and more are featured.
- KET2 Monday, May 5 at 9:30 am EDT
Two Nebraska women who are using the internet to help promote rural living and more are featured.
- KET2 Monday, May 12 at 9:30 am EDT
Urban gardening programs in Kansas City and a historic farm in the heart of Boston are highlighted.
- KET2 Monday, May 19 at 9:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, May 26 at 9:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, June 2 at 9:30 am EDT
Official web site: http://www.americasheartland.org