Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/
Examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists.
Marvin Hamlisch: What He Did for Love #2605
Archives and interviews highlight the storied career of Marvin Hamlisch, the go-to composer for film and Broadway producers and one of the most honored. Hamlisch composed hit after hit including "The Way We Were," "Nobody Does It Better," and scores for The Sting, Sophie's Choice, and the Broadway juggernaut A Chorus Line.
- KET Friday, December 27 at 10:00 pm EST
- KET2 Saturday, December 28 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Monday, December 30 at 3:00 am EST
- KET Tuesday, December 31 at 3:00 am EST
- KET2 Wednesday, January 1 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 2 at 3:30 pm EST
Judy Garland: By Myself #1704
Recordings made by Judy Garland as she prepared to write her autobiography - a book that was never published - reveal how the singer and actress saw herself and her career. Extensive material from A Star Is Born, including never-before-seen rehearsal footage, rare outtakes, and alternate takes of Garland's numerous performances, provides further insight.
- KET Friday, January 3 at 10:00 pm EST
- KET Sunday, January 5 at 3:00 am EST
- KET2 Wednesday, January 8 at 8:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/
EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/education/index.html
Price available upon request.