Web site: http://pbskids.org/arthur
The series revolves around an eight year-old aardvark, his four year-old sister D.W., and their family and friends. It is about being a kid, exploring the world, and finding your place in it. Based on the the best-selling children's books by Marc Brown.
Vomitrocious!/Sue Ellen Chickens Out #805
Francine gets queasy and throws up in the cafeteria, then is afraid to go back to school the next day. Sue Ellen tries to organize a protest against the fast-food chain that's taking over the beloved Sugarbowl, but the other kids confess that they actually like the food at Chickin Lickin. Will Sue Ellen have to fight the mighty empire of Beaurigaard Poulet all by herself?
- KET Monday, August 25 at 4:00 pm EDT
Postcards from Buster #806
Buster is going to New York to meet his dad, and the Reads are going with him.
- KET Monday, August 25 at 4:30 pm EDT
Desk Wars/Desperately Seeking Stanley #807
Mr. Ratburn moves Brain and Arthur away from their usual desks, setting off a chain reaction that results in an explosive desk war. Having reached the ripe old age of 8, Arthur reflects on the favorite present from his 3rd birthday, a teddy bear named Stanley.
- KET Tuesday, August 26 at 4:00 pm EDT
Muffy's Art Attack/Tales from the Crib #808
Arthur Ganson, real-life kinetic sculptor, guest stars in an episode about art appreciation and the value of creating for self-expression, not competition. Vicita is upset at having to trade in her cherished crib for a big-girl bed, so D.W. shares her story of that same rite of passage.
- KET Tuesday, August 26 at 4:30 pm EDT
Big Horns George/Bleep #810
George is inspired to write and perform his own blues song after hearing the music of Koko Taylor. But stage fright and self-doubt overwhelm him—until Koko and Taj Mahal encourage him to keep singing. D.W. embarks on a quest to discover the meaning of a mysterious and obviously powerful word she has heard. What will happen if she blurts out "Bleep!" to her parents?
- KET Wednesday, August 27 at 4:00 pm EDT
Castles in the Sky/Tipping the Scales #901
The gang's treehouse collapses, and architect Frank Gehry steps in to help them rebuild—if they can agree on a new design. Arthur's choral group is looking forward to a performance in Crown City, and to the post-concert cheesecake at Finklemeyers. But when strict Dr. Fugue replaces fun Mrs. Krasny as their teacher, the kids wonder whether music class will ever be fun again.
- KET Wednesday, August 27 at 4:30 pm EDT
The Wheel Deal/the Buster Report #1401
After an injury, Brain has to spend some time using a wheelchair. But now he can't compete in a basketball tournament for charity! Or, can he? He meets a new friend, Lydia Fox, who just happens to be a wheelchair basketball player and shows him how it's done. The kids are assigned to write a report on someone they admire. To everyone's surprise, most especially Buster's, George picks Buster! Will George focus on Buster's joke telling, the sandwich named after Buster, or Buster's famous food collection?
- KET Thursday, August 28 at 4:00 pm EDT
Francine's Big Top Trouble/George Blows His Top #902
Francine's sister, Catherine, was a star at circus camp, so Francine is sure she will be, too. But when she can't seem to get the hang of tumbling, she wonders whether she'll ever get out of her sister's shadow. George is always more than happy to lend his pals whatever they need, and Buster seems to be taking advantage of his generosity.
- KET Thursday, August 28 at 4:30 pm EDT
The Agent of Change/D.W. Unties the Knot #1402
The latest animated hit in movie theaters about a boy and his truck has left Muffy and Francine disappointed. Why doesn't there seem to be any cool female characters on screen? So with the help of a very talented artist, Molly, the "Group of Three" set out to make their own movie! After watching "The Wedding Channel," D.W. wants to get married! And, having no idea what this really means, she starts planning herself the biggest unicorn wedding imaginable.
- KET Friday, August 29 at 4:00 pm EDT
Arthur Weighs In/The Law of the Jungle Gym #903
Arthur doesn't fit into his costume for the play and is shocked to learn that he's now "husky-sized." He wants to get in shape, but is he ready to try something as radical as ... exercise? Muffy has discovered that the jungle gym is the perfect place to take pictures with her new digital camera—if playground bully Molly will let her.
- KET Friday, August 29 at 4:30 pm EDT
Lights, Camera ... Opera!/All Worked Up #905
Muffy's dad gives her tickets to the opera, and she worries about whether she'll understand what's going on—or even be able to stay awake. But opera singer Rodney Gilfrey shows her how much fun Bizet's Carmen can be. Arthur aces five quizzes in a row, but then his luck suddenly runs out when Mom takes a new job. Did his streak end because Mom's new schedule is disrupting his perfect routine?
- KET2 Monday, September 1 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, September 1 at 4:00 pm EDT
Arthur Makes Waves/It Came from Beyond #906
The community pool is closed for repairs, so Arthur and D.W. accept an invitation to James' pool. Then they discover that his older sister is Molly, leader of the Tough Customers—and an old nemesis of Arthur's. Grandma Thora takes in a stray dog named Killer who lives up to her name by bullying every person and animal in sight. Can Killer let her guard down long enough to make a few friends?
- KET2 Tuesday, September 2 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, September 2 at 4:00 pm EDT
The 'A' Team/Emily Swallows a Horse #908
Francine and Brain have sometimes wished that their soccer teammates would take the game more seriously, so they're thrilled to make the Elwood City All-Stars Traveling Team. But are their new teammates really more compatible? Emily tells a little white lie to get a sparkly ball she wants, then keeps having to embellish it to maintain her cover story.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 3 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, September 3 at 4:00 pm EDT
Nicked by a Name/The Play's the Thing #1403
There is a virus spreading through Lakewood Elementary! It changes the way everyone acts and how they treat each other - it's the new nicknames! Can Brain stop the virus he created or will everyone be mean to each other forever? The playground has been quiet lately - too quiet - and the Tough Customers don't like it one bit. All the rest of the kids seem more interested in electronics than in good old-fashioned fun!
- KET2 Thursday, September 4 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, September 4 at 4:00 pm EDT
Falafelosophy/The Great Lint Rush #1404
At the urging of guest-star author Neil Gaiman (Coraline, The Graveyard Book) Sue Ellen tries her hand at writing and illustrating a graphic novel. When Sue Ellen needs inspiration and encouragement, she turns to Neil - who pops up in unexpected places! - and to the philosophy lessons of her local falafel vendor! Mr. Toad is back! And he's ready to corner the Sock Market, leaving everyone in Elwood City barefoot and bereft.
- KET2 Friday, September 5 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, September 5 at 4:00 pm EDT
D.W., Queen of the Comeback/In My Africa #1409
The Tibbles tease, D.W. fires back, the Tibbles taunt, D.W. has a snappy comeback, and round and round they go! Will it ever end? Perhaps an ancient Indian fable about a turtle and two wisecracking geese will be enough to teach D.W. to just let it go. D.W.'s new classmate, Cheikh, is from Senegal, Africa! When D.W. realizes that she doesn't know much about Africa she decides to learn through music. D.W., Brain, and Cheikh team-up to write a song about all 54 countries on that continent!
- KET2 Monday, September 8 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, September 8 at 4:00 pm EDT
Arthur Unravels/All the Rage #1408
Grandma Thora teaches Arthur to knit and he's really into this new hobby. But...he's a kid! And a boy! Knitting is a grandma thing...right? How long can Arthur keep his new hobby a secret before the yarn spills out of the bag? Muffy wants to rock the fashion world like her fashion mentor Capri DeVapida! But creating a fad is a lot harder than it looks, especially when all her hot new trends turn out to be lukewarm flops. Can Muffy learn that it's just better to be yourself?
- KET2 Tuesday, September 9 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, September 9 at 4:00 pm EDT
Buster Spaces Out/The Long Road Home #1410
Inspired by footage of the moon landing, Buster wants to go to outer space! Well, someday. For now, it'd be really cool to build and launch a rocket! So Buster enlists his friends to help...but they can't agree on anything and the mission stalls. Luckily, NASA astronaut Mike Finke guest-stars to teach the kids that only teamwork will accomplish this mission-and then it's blast-off! After costing Lakewood Elementary the win in a relay race against Mighty Mountain, George wants to redeem himself.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 10 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, September 10 at 4:00 pm EDT
Cents-Less/Buster The Lounge Lizard #1504
Mr. Ratburn decides it's time for his class to learn a little about money...or, rather, the lack of it. For the entire weekend, no one in the class can spend a cent. Buster has the brand-new Dark Bunny Dark Buggy, complete with grappling hook and voice commands! But with all its bells and whistles, the Buggy seems to have a mind of its own and has zoomed its way into the mysterious teacher's lounge, where no student dares to enter.
- KET2 Thursday, September 11 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, September 11 at 4:00 pm EDT
To Eat Or Not to Eat/S.W.E.A.T. #1505
A brand new candy bar is in town! But why is it making everyone act so strangely? And what exactly is this ingredient called Tri-Enzomated Zorn Jelly, anyway? It's time for the kids at Lakewood Elementary to take the Stoddard-Wilkins Elementary Aptitude Test, or "S.W.E.A.T." But with anxiety running high, it becomes clear that the kids need to learn some relaxation techniques.
- KET2 Friday, September 12 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, September 12 at 4:00 pm EDT
Prunella The Packrat/What's in a Name? #1507
Prunella tries to break her packrat habits and Binky find out his real name isn't Binky, it's Shelley!
- KET2 Monday, September 15 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, September 15 at 4:00 pm EDT
Muffy's Classy Classics Club/Best Enemies #1508
Muffy invites her friends to join a Pretty Pioneers book club but can't take their criticisms that the books are poorly written. Mom has new clients coming over and they have a daughter who is D.W.'s age - her name is even W.D.! They're going to be the best of friends! Turns out, no. They don't have anything in common.
- KET2 Tuesday, September 16 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, September 16 at 4:00 pm EDT
Happy Anniversary #1001
While they're on their way to celebrate Arthur's parents' 10th wedding anniversary, the Reads' van breaks down, stranding the whole family. Arthur and D.W. end up locked in a diner storeroom, where they hear the inspiring radio tale of Crooning Cowboy Kid Carter and his little-sister sidekick.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 17 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, September 17 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Butler Did....What?/The Trouble with Trophies #1510
Bailey is missing! With the help of the Baxter Detective Agency, Muffy discovers a series of clues. Muffy is convinced that Fern must be despairing about never having won anything, and she sets out to give Fern a prize.
- KET2 Thursday, September 18 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, September 18 at 4:00 pm EDT
Feeling Flush/Family Fortune #1004
Francine bets Arthur that her family can use less water than his. But despite her conservation efforts, her water meter levels are twice as high. The Treasure Caravan is coming to Elwood City, and Arthur and D.W. search Grandma Thora's attic for treasures that will make them rich and famous.
- KET2 Friday, September 19 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, September 19 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Curse of the Grebes/Arthur Changes Gears #1006
Can the addition of three new players—voiced by real-life Red Sox players Johnny Damon, Mike Timlin, and Edgar Renteria—help the Elwood City Grebes win their first baseball championship since 1918? Arthur finally saves enough money to buy the bike of his dreams, then discovers that the new bike is much too nice to actually ride.
- KET2 Monday, September 22 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, September 22 at 4:00 pm EDT
Do You Speak George?/World Girls #1009
Everyone at school is suddenly speaking their own made-up languages, and George can't make sense of what anyone is saying. The girls anticipate the grand opening of World Girl World, which sells dolls from every country.
- KET2 Tuesday, September 23 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, September 23 at 4:00 pm EDT
Show Off/Dog's Best Friend #1701
It's the Elwood City dog show and Killer is facing off against Sebastian Winkleplotz. Arthur agrees to watch Amigo while Alberto's off at camp.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 24 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, September 24 at 4:00 pm EDT
Adventures In Budylon/Ladonna Compson: Party Animal #1702
D.W. and Bud embark on an epic wilderness adventure in the backyard! Apple picking, bake sales, craft classes - there's so much to do in Elwood City in the fall!
- KET2 Thursday, September 25 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, September 25 at 4:00 pm EDT
Opposties Distract/Just The Ticket #1704
Arthur and Buster discover that they make better friends than roommates. Arthur is ecstatic when he wins concert tickets on the radio.
- KET2 Friday, September 26 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, September 26 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Friend Who Wasn't There/Surprise! #1802
Muffy searches for her long lost imaginary friend. Francine is un-invited to Catherine's party.
- KET2 Monday, September 29 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, September 29 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 3 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, October 3 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Thursday, October 23 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, October 23 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Case of the Girl with the Long Face/The Substitute Arthur #1803
Fern's been feeling low and no one can figure out why. Luckily, Buster Baxter is on the case! With Arthur out of town, Buster is on the hunt for a new best friend.
- KET2 Tuesday, September 30 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, September 30 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 24 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, October 24 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Tattletale Frog/D.W. & Bud's Higher Purpose #1801
When Bud is blamed for an accident D.W. causes, she has to decide whether to let her friend take the fall. D.W. and Bud can't wait to ride Wonder World's newest rollercoaster.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 1 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, October 1 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 17 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, October 17 at 4:00 pm EDT
Best Wishes/The Tardy Tumbler #1804
After George has a lucky streak, his friends pressure him to wish for a snow day. Prunella's excited about making the gymnastics team until she realizes practice starts at 6 am!
- KET2 Thursday, October 2 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, October 2 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 20 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, October 20 at 4:00 pm EDT
Based on a True Story (Part 1 & 2) #1601
Ladonna Compson, a new kid in town, charms Arthur and friends with her amazing "true" stories. But are her stories real?
- KET2 Monday, October 6 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, October 6 at 4:00 pm EDT
All About D.W./Blockheads #1603
When Emily gets the starring role in the preschool play, D.W. is beside herself with jealousy. D.W. and Emily are upset when they get stuck with the blocks at playtime.
- KET2 Tuesday, October 7 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, October 7 at 4:00 pm EDT
Night of the Tibble/Read and Flumberghast #1605
The Tibble Twins have a sleepover and James is the target of their shenanigans. D.W. gathers a jury when a cupcake is stolen and Tommy Tibble is the primary suspect.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 8 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, October 8 at 4:00 pm EDT
Baseball Blues/Brain's Biggest Blunder #1607
George can't wait to play baseball. Brain tries to transform Buster into a mathematic marvel for the Arithmattack competition.
- KET2 Thursday, October 9 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, October 9 at 4:00 pm EDT
Fern And The Case Of The Stolen Story/sue Ellen Vegges Out #1609
When Fern gets writers block with a deadline approaching, she "borrows" stories from Ladonna. When Sue Ellen decides to stop eating meat, Muffy and Francine compete to be the best vegetarian.
- KET2 Friday, October 10 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, October 10 at 4:00 pm EDT
Lost!/The Short, Quick Summer #209
Arthur falls asleep on a bus and wakes up in a strange—and scary—part of town. Later, he realizes that summer vacation is almost over and panics over all the adventures he hasn't had yet.
- KET2 Monday, October 13 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, October 13 at 4:00 pm EDT
Swept Away/Germophobia #1101
Arthur, D.W., and Buster discover the simple joys of building sand castles. Buster's friends have had enough of his sloppy habits, so they band together to educate him on the realities of bacteria.
- KET2 Tuesday, October 14 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, October 14 at 4:00 pm EDT
Buenas Noches, Vicita/Prunella Packs It In #1103
Vicita Molina has lost her favorite book, a lovely South American tale of friendship and courage in the Amazon jungle. Even though she's still in elementary school, Prunella has become obsessed with thoughts of college and piles on extracurricular activities to make herself more appealing to the good schools.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 15 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, October 15 at 4:00 pm EDT
Phony Fern/Brain's Shocking Secret #1104
Fern's parents give her a cell phone, telling her it's for emergencies only. But soon Muffy is introducing her to the joys of personalized ringtones, texting, and incessant chatting. As the smartest kid in class, Brain really doesn't want anyone to know that he was kept back in kindergarten.
- KET2 Thursday, October 16 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, October 16 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Making of Arthur/Dancing Fools #1106
The superstar host of a new series called Postcards from You (Matt Damon) puts out a call for homemade videos for his TV show, setting off a frantic rush among Arthur and his friends to film their lives. Mrs. Molina teaches a dance class for kids.
- KET2 Tuesday, October 21 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, October 21 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Blackout/Mei Lin Takes a Stand #1208
It's the hottest day in Elwood City, when a total blackout leaves its residents without any electricity. Binky's baby sister Mei-Lin isn't keen on learning to walk and would rather stick to crawling.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 22 at 6:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, October 22 at 4:00 pm EDT
Arthur Vs. The Very Mean Crossing Guard/D.W.'s Very Bad Mood #218
A new crossing guard tries to charge the kids to cross the street. Francine sets out to discover what it is that's making D.W. so cranky.
- KET2 Monday, October 27 at 6:30 am EST
- KET Monday, October 27 at 4:00 pm EST
How the Cookie Crumbles/Sue Ellen's Little Sister #220
Muffy hits the jackpot when her cookies turn out to be a big hit. The only trouble is that the recipe isn't really hers. When Sue Ellen wishes she had a little sister, Arthur and Francine both offer to lend her theirs.
- KET2 Tuesday, October 28 at 6:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, October 28 at 4:00 pm EST
D.W.'s Stray Netkitin/Bats in the Belfry #1203
D.W. panics when a "Scary Clown" virus ruins the Read family computer. Arthur and D.W. are thrilled when Grandma Thora finally lets them explore her attic.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 29 at 6:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, October 29 at 4:00 pm EST
The Chronicles of Buster/On This Spot #1205
Buster is obsessed with the extended DVD version of the epic film The Chronicles of Ahmayzzia and its 100 hours of behind-the-scenes footage. When he learns that Sitting Bull once passed through Elwood City, Arthur tries to rally the residents to erect a monument on the site of the visit.
- KET2 Thursday, October 30 at 6:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, October 30 at 4:00 pm EST
Hic or Treat/Mr. Alwaysright #1107
D.W. gets a case of the hiccups that just won't go away. Annoyed that Brain always seems to be right about everything, Buster becomes determined to catch him in a mistake.
- KET2 Friday, October 31 at 6:30 am EST
- KET Friday, October 31 at 4:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://pbskids.org/arthur
More Like This
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of Arthur is made possible in part by: