Web site: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/
The Cat in the Hat whisks pre-schoolers off on a voyage of scientific discovery. The series features six-year-olds Sally & Nick, best friends and next door neighbors, who are transported on magical journeys to all corners of the globe where the natural world becomes their playground.
I Love the Nightlife/Oh Give Me a Home! #102
Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night! Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells!
- KET Wednesday, December 4 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, December 4 at 3:30 pm EST
Wrapper's Delight/Dive Swim Scoop #216
Gina the Giraffe Weevil shows Nick and Sally how she uses leaves to wrap her eggs to protect them. Penny the Pelican teacges the kids how to catch things in water!
- KET Thursday, December 5 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, December 5 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, December 7 at 7:30 am EST
Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing #103
Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together! Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs.
- KET Friday, December 6 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, December 6 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, December 8 at 7:30 am EST
Hooray for Hair/Ice Is Nice #138
Sally and Nick are getting their hair cut today; maybe they should try new hairstyles! A trip to meet three of Cat's friends (and some styling help from the Wig-o-lator) will help them decide! Nick and Sally want some nice cold lemonade, but there's no more ice cubes in the fridge. A trip to Freeze-your-knees Snowland will fix that!
- KET Monday, December 9 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Thursday, December 19 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, December 19 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, December 21 at 7:30 am EST
Reindeer Games/Along Came a Spider #121
Magnus the reindeer helps locate a missing sled; Mabel teaches Nick and Sally how to weave a web.
- KET Tuesday, December 10 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, December 10 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Friday, December 20 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, December 20 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, December 22 at 7:30 am EST
A Long Winter's Nap/The Tree Doctor #117
Sally and Nick are so excited to go ice skating tomorrow they can't asleep! Boris the bear can help! Dr. Twiggles the tree doctor teaches the kids how trees eat - through their leaves and roots.
- KET Wednesday, December 11 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, December 11 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Monday, December 23 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, December 23 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Wednesday, January 15 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, January 15 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, January 18 at 7:30 am EST
Paper Chase/A Polar Adventure #217
Cat's friend Dr. Twiggles shows Sally and Nick how to make new paper out of old paper by recycling! The kids meet Polly the polar bear and learn how her thick fur keeps her warm.
- KET Thursday, December 12 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, December 12 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, December 15 at 7:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, December 26 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, December 26 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, December 28 at 7:30 am EST
A Plan for Sand/Whale Music #104
Carmela the Camel teaches teaches the kids how camels are adapted to live in a dry, sandy climate. Humphrey the Humpback Whale teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song.
- KET Monday, December 16 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, December 16 at 3:30 pm EST
Flower Power/Snowman's Land #105
Nick and Sally visit the forest of Flora-Fah-Zoom where they meet three different creatures that all depend on flowers to live. Sally and Nick visit the arctic skate on a frozen lake, make snow sculptures, and learn that water can freeze and melt when it's cold or warm outside.
- KET Tuesday, December 17 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, December 17 at 3:30 pm EST
Night Lights/Go Snails Go! #110
The kids jump into the Thingamajigger and shrink down to visit the fireflies that live in the backyard. Nick, Sally and the Cat jump into the Thingamajigger and shrink down to go on a snail expedition!
- KET Wednesday, December 18 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, December 18 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, December 31 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, December 31 at 3:30 pm EST
Dress Up Day/Bathtime #106
Mindy the caterpillar shows Sally how she makes silk and uses the silk thread to fix Sally's dress! In Bana Bana Savanah, Nick and Sally meet three different animals who all keep clean in very different ways.
- KET Wednesday, December 25 at 3:30 pm EST
Trees Company/Now You See Me #107
In Jimmer Jammer Jungle, the kids learn how different animals spend their entire lives in trees. Through a game of hide and go seek in the jungle, the kids learn how Gecko not only hides, but how he runs and climbs.
- KET Friday, December 27 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, December 27 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, December 29 at 7:30 am EST
Rain Game/No Sssweater Is Better #108
Nick and Sally explore each level of the rain forest and meet some toucans and howler monkeys. Slyde the snake who shows Nick and Sally how he sheds his skin when it gets too small for him.
- KET Monday, December 30 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, December 30 at 3:30 pm EST
Jumping on the Moon/Sneezy Riders #201
Nick and Sally try to jump high enough to touch the moon. Nick keeps sneezing.
- KET Wednesday, January 1 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, January 1 at 3:30 pm EST
A Tale About Tails/Sticky Situation #109
The kids visit the Jungle of Wagga-Tag-Tail and meet many animals with very different tails.Betty Beaver finds Nick the perfect drumstick, but when her dam springs a leak, Nick, Sally, and the Cat help her fix it.
- KET Thursday, January 2 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, January 2 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, January 4 at 7:30 am EST
Flight of a Penguin/Let's Go Fly a Kite #111
Sally and Nick pretend to fly in their backyard. The Cat in the Hat brings them to meet his good friend Percy the penguin. After a fun race with a penguin and a gull, the kids learn that not all birds fly. Sally, Nick and the Cat try to fly a kite, but there's not enough wind. The Cat in the Hat takes them to Huff-Puff-Maguff where there's so much wind, their kite gets away from them! They chase the runaway kite, using the wind to help them. When they finally reach it, the breeze helps to cool them down!
- KET Friday, January 3 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, January 3 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, January 5 at 7:30 am EST
You Should Be Dancing/Batty for Bats #112
The kids get dancing lessons from one of the best dancers in the world, Tango, a bird of paradise! Zapata the bat teaches the kids about echolocation.
- KET Monday, January 6 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, January 6 at 3:30 pm EST
The Lost Egg/Hold on Tight #114
The kids are decorating the tree house for a party. The Cat knows the world's most fantabulous decorator: Stan the bower bird! Stan teaches the kids how to decorate with almost anything. Nick tries to hang onto monkey bars but can't. The Cat takes him and Sally to meet the best holder-on-ever, his tiny little friend Larry the limpet. After shrinking down to limpet size, Nick and Sally learn how to hang onto the rocks with the help of natural hand- and footholds, some sticky stuff on their feet, and plain old perseverance.
- KET Tuesday, January 7 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, January 7 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, January 11 at 7:30 am EST
Jump!/Slow Down for Sloths #115
Nick and Sally go to Jumpalaroo to learn how to jump higher. Nick and Sally try to draw a picture of a butterfly but can't get close enough to see it. Cat takes the kids to meet Onslow the sloth, who teaches them that when you slow down, the world comes to you.
- KET Wednesday, January 8 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, January 8 at 3:30 pm EST
The Surprising Bean/Hear Here #202
Nick keeps trying to surprise Sally, but he just can't do it! The Cat takes them to find a real surprise in the Skippylarito Fields! The kids hear chirping but can't find where it's coming from. If only they had better ears. The Cat takes them to meet animals with amazing ears.
- KET Thursday, January 9 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, January 9 at 3:30 pm EST
Chasing Rainbows/Follow the Prints #116
The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow but can't remember all the colors to use. Luckily for them, Cat takes them to Color-ga-lore to meet King Kaleidoscope, an expert on rainbows! Nick and Sally are enjoying a backyard picnic when they discover their last strawberry has gone missing! Who could have taken it? Cat's friend Cluey Looey can help them! They are off to Muddyfeet Waterhole where they learn about how the differently shaped feet, paws, or hooves of various animals.
- KET Friday, January 10 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, January 10 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, January 12 at 7:30 am EST
Thump/Squirreled Away #119
Twitch the rabbit teach Nick and Sally how to stop, look, and listen for danger. The kids meet Bucky the squirrel who is good at both hiding and finding things! Nick and Sally learn how to use landmarks to help them remember where they put things.
- KET Monday, January 13 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, January 13 at 3:30 pm EST
Finola's Farm/Pick Your Friends #120
Nick and Sally are sitting down to breakfast but have run out of milk. The Cat arrives to take them to Finola's Farm to have breakfast with Finola. First they learn how to milk a cow, then they discover that cows' milk can be made into butter and cheese and best of all--ice cream! It's Valentine's Day and Nick and Sally disagree hotly on how to decorate the card they're making for the Cat. Does this mean they aren't really best friends? The Cat takes them to meet Sheldon, a tortoise who knows all about friendship.
- KET Tuesday, January 14 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, January 14 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, January 19 at 7:30 am EST
Maps/Termite Towers #113
The kids go on a pirate adventure by following a treasure map! Termites help the kids make a tower.
- KET Thursday, January 16 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, January 16 at 3:30 pm EST
Bounce/Timmy Tippy Toe #203
Nick and Sally are wondering why their ball is so bouncy. Fish tells them it's because it's made from rubber, and rubber comes from trees. Nick and Sally are playing on a climbing frame but just can't manage to get to the top. Cat takes them to see Timmy Tippy Toe, the Klipspringer who is an expert climber!
- KET Friday, January 17 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, January 17 at 3:30 pm EST
Incredible Journey/Bamboozled #118
With the help of the Subber-e-blubber, the kids follow Samantha underwater and upriver on her incredible journey! Zhu Zhu the giant panda helps the kids discover all the wonderful things you can do with bamboo.
- KET Monday, January 20 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, January 20 at 3:30 pm EST
No Night Today/Fun in the Sun #204
Nick and Sally want to keep playing, but it's getting dark. They meet Astronaut Audrey and learn about the solar system. The kids meet Hilda the Hippo who teaches them that hippos make their very own sunscreen to protect them from the hot sun.
- KET Tuesday, January 21 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, January 21 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Saturday, January 25 at 7:30 am EST
Teeny Weeny Adventure/I See Seeds #122
Nick has spotted a tiny ladybug, but Sally has found an even smaller ant! And there's nothing smaller than an ant. Or is there? Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet a variety of single-celled creatures. Sally and Nick are going on an adventure, but how are they going to get there? Skateboard? Train? Rocketship? They just can't decide! Until Cat suggests they see how trees send their seeds on trips. They follow different seeds as they travel through the air, float on the water, and hitch rides on animals.
- KET Wednesday, January 22 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, January 22 at 3:30 pm EST
Meet The Beetles/Tongue Tied #205
Three of the Cat's beetle friends help Nick and Sally protect their cookie jar. Nick and Sally learn about different tongues.
- KET Thursday, January 23 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, January 23 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET Sunday, January 26 at 7:30 am EST
Surprise Surprise/A Howling Good Time #123
Try as they might, Nick and Sally just can't learn to do a somersault. Luckily Cat's friend Luis the Armadillo is the king of the roly polys! Nick and Sally are pretending to be lost adventurers when Sally wonders what to do if you really do get lost. The Cat in the Hat knows a wolf pup who knows all about getting lost and found! In the Hooty Howly Woods, Grayson shows them how wolves howl to communicate and to find each other.
- KET Friday, January 24 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, January 24 at 3:30 pm EST
Secret Super Digger/Pucker Up and Blow #124
Sally is trying to grow a flower for her mom, but it just won't grow. Time to see Finola! At Finola's Farm, she introduces Cat, Sally, and Nick to her secret super digger - Diggery the earthworm. Nick and Sally are trying to whistle but they just can't seem to get it right! The Cat takes them to visit his friend, Rocky the Winter Wren, who is an expert whistler.
- KET Monday, January 27 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Monday, January 27 at 3:30 pm EST
Manatees and Mermaids/The Last Chocolate #206
Matilda the manatee and her son, Marlin, teach Nick and Sally how to swim slowly. Nick and Sally help make chocolate.
- KET Tuesday, January 28 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Tuesday, January 28 at 3:30 pm EST
Sniff and Seek/Aye Aye! #125
Cat introduces Nick and Sally to Whiffy the skunk, and in the adventure of finding Sally's favourite smell they discover how good Whiffy is at protecting himself with his very own special smell. Nick and Sally are making Halloween masks, but they want to make them really scary. Cat takes them to meet Aiya, the Aye Aye, in the forest of Spookywoowoo.
- KET Wednesday, January 29 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Wednesday, January 29 at 3:30 pm EST
Blue Feet Are Neat/A Little Reef Magic #126
Nick and Sally are trying out their new blue rubber boots but they keep getting stuck in the mud! Cat knows just who can help them - Buster, the Blue-footed Booby bird. Nick has difficulty learning a "disappearing" magic trick, when who should appear but The Cat in the Hat! He takes Nick and Sally to the coral reef of Scoobamareen.
- KET Thursday, January 30 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Thursday, January 30 at 3:30 pm EST
Tough Enough/How Cool Is Coral #207
Nick and Sally debate which animal is the toughest and meet Wally the Waterbear, who is tough enough to live anywhere. The Cat needs to get Ting Tang Tony back to his family.
- KET Friday, January 31 at 8:30 am EST
- KET Friday, January 31 at 3:30 pm EST
Official web site: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/