Web site: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/
The Cat in the Hat whisks pre-schoolers off on a voyage of scientific discovery. The series features six-year-olds Sally & Nick, best friends and next door neighbors, who are transported on magical journeys to all corners of the globe where the natural world becomes their playground.
Surprise Surprise/A Howling Good Time #123
Nick and Sally can't learn to do a somersault, but Luis the Armadillo is the king of the roly polys! Grayson shows the kids how wolves howl to communicate and to find each other.
- KET Thursday, April 17 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, April 17 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Sunday, April 20 at 7:30 am EDT
Manatees and Mermaids/The Last Chocolate #206
Matilda the manatee and her son, Marlin, teach Nick and Sally how to swim slowly. Nick and Sally help make chocolate.
- KET Friday, April 18 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, April 18 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Friday, May 30 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, May 30 at 3:30 pm EDT
Teeny Weeny Adventure/I See Seeds #122
Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet a variety of single-celled creatures, the smallest anywhere! The kids see how trees send their seeds on trips.
- KET Saturday, April 19 at 7:30 am EDT
Secret Super Digger/Pucker Up and Blow #124
Sally tries to grow a flower for her mom, but it won't grow. Diggery the earthworm lends a hand. Nick and Sally learn to whistle from Rocky the Winter Wren.
- KET Monday, April 21 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, April 21 at 3:30 pm EDT
Sniff and Seek/Aye Aye! #125
Sally is not sure what her favorite smell is so she plays sniff and sneak with Whiffy the skunk. The kids meet Aiya, the Aye Aye, in the forest of Spookywoowoo.
- KET Tuesday, April 22 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, April 22 at 3:30 pm EDT
Tough Enough/How Cool Is Coral #207
Nick and Sally debate which animal is the toughest and meet Wally the Waterbear, who is tough enough to live anywhere. The Cat needs to get Ting Tang Tony back to his family.
- KET Wednesday, April 23 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, April 23 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Sunday, April 27 at 7:30 am EDT
The kids learn about carrying babies from Wilma the spider, Dilly the crocodile, and Coco the Koala. The kids meet Perry the Peregrine Falcon, the fastest creature in the world.
- KET Thursday, April 24 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, April 24 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, April 26 at 7:30 am EDT
Blue Feet Are Neat/A Little Reef Magic #126
Nick and Sally are trying out their new blue rubber boots but they keep getting stuck in the mud! Cat knows just who can help them - Buster, the Blue-footed Booby bird. Nick has difficulty learning a "disappearing" magic trick, when who should appear but The Cat in the Hat! He takes Nick and Sally to the coral reef of Scoobamareen.
- KET Friday, April 25 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, April 25 at 3:30 pm EDT
Be Cool/Elephant Walk #127
Phew, it's hot outside! How are Sally and Nick going to stay cool? They visit the Dizzle-dazzle Desert. Nick and Sally wonder if there's such thing as a one-thing-does-it-all tool.
- KET Monday, April 28 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, April 28 at 3:30 pm EDT
Little Lemmings/Keep The Beat #209
Lars the Lemming from the Wundra-Bundra-Tundra teaches the kids how to stay warm out in the cold. Dr. Giggles shows the kids how the heart pumps.
- KET Tuesday, April 29 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, April 29 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 3 at 7:30 am EDT
Flutter By Butterfly/Pretty In Pink #128
Sally and Nick pretend to be butterflies, but they're not very good at it. They meet Bernadette the Monarch. Cat shows the kids cool moves he learned them from Pinkie the flamingo.
- KET Wednesday, April 30 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, April 30 at 3:30 pm EDT
Rumbly Tumbly/Planet Name Game #212
The kids take a super shrunken trip into Thing One's stomach to learn why stomachs make noises. The kids take a trip on Cat's Space-a-ma-racer and learn the names of the seven planets.
- KET Thursday, May 1 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, May 1 at 3:30 pm EDT
Gorillas in the Nest/Tale of a Dragon #214
Gordon the Gorilla shows the kids how to make a comfortable bed in the Twisty-Misty Mountains. Ignacio the green iguana, Draco the flying lizard, and Kimora the komodo dragon show the kids how to pretend to be dragons.
- KET Friday, May 2 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, May 2 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Sunday, May 4 at 7:30 am EDT
Digging The Deep/Puddle Puzzle #129
The kids travel to the bottom of the Swirly Whirly Ocean! Nick and Sally learn how their puddle turned into water vapour.
- KET Monday, May 5 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, May 5 at 3:30 pm EDT
Top of the Sky/Jiggle Bones #215
Nick and Sally launch a rocket into the sky and find it in Audrey the Astronaut's space station. The kids visit Dr. Giggles to learn about bones.
- KET Tuesday, May 6 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, May 6 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 10 at 7:30 am EDT
Paper Chase/A Polar Adventure #217
Cat's friend Dr. Twiggles shows Sally and Nick how to make new paper out of old paper by recycling! The kids meet Polly the polar bear and learn how her thick fur keeps her warm.
- KET Wednesday, May 7 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, May 7 at 3:30 pm EDT
Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom #130
Gary the Garibaldi fish helps Nick and Sally pick a special present for Fish's birthday. The kids meet Treetop Tom in the So Sunny Savannah.
- KET Thursday, May 8 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, May 8 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Sunday, May 11 at 7:30 am EDT
Wrapper's Delight/Dive Swim Scoop #216
Gina the Giraffe Weevil shows Nick and Sally how she uses leaves to wrap her eggs to protect them. Penny the Pelican teacges the kids how to catch things in water!
- KET Friday, May 9 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, May 9 at 3:30 pm EDT
Stripy Safari/Wool #132
Nick and Sally set off on a safari with The Cat in the Hat to find all kinds of stripes. Nick wants to learn how to knit a scarf like Sally, but they've run out of wool! A visit to Finola's Farm is the perfect place to get more.
- KET Monday, May 12 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, May 12 at 3:30 pm EDT
A Sweet Deal/King of Swing #133
Sally and Nick are having a hard time getting customers to come to their "cafe". What can they do? Swinging from a rope isn't so easy for Sally and Nick. Good thing the Cat knows the king of swing, Charlie the chimpanzee!
- KET Tuesday, May 13 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, May 13 at 3:30 pm EDT
Amazing Eyes/Water Walkers #134
Three different animals with very different ways of seeing help the kids find a missing guinea pig. Cat takes the kids to Splishy Splashy Pond to meet Walker the water strider, who shows them how he can stay on top of the water with the help of air bubbles.
- KET Wednesday, May 14 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, May 14 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 17 at 7:30 am EDT
Super Cleaner Uppers/Itty Bitty Water #135
Sandy the Sand Hopper teach the kids the difference between natural "garbage" and man-made trash. The Cat takes the kids to Drippety Dry Desert to meet three creatures who are experts at conserving water.
- KET Thursday, May 15 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, May 15 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Sunday, May 18 at 7:30 am EDT
Big Cats/Fantastic Flour #136
When Sally and Nick have difficulty sneaking up on Nick's Mom to surprise her, The Cat brings them to meet some great sneaker-uppers - cats! Nick and Sally are making their "Best Ever Yummy For Your Tummy" muffins when they run out of flour. Cat knows just where to get more - Finola's Farm!
- KET Friday, May 16 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, May 16 at 3:30 pm EDT
Minnie Meerkat/Leaves #137
The Cat's friend Minnie Meerkat teaches Sally and Nick all about camping safe in Peekaboo Plains. The kids go to Kaloo-Kalee for some leaf collecting!
- KET Monday, May 19 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, May 19 at 3:30 pm EDT
Hooray for Hair/Ice Is Nice #138
Sally and Nick are getting their hair cut today; maybe they should try new hairstyles! A trip to meet three of Cat's friends (and some styling help from the Wig-o-lator) will help them decide! Nick and Sally want some nice cold lemonade, but there's no more ice cubes in the fridge. A trip to Freeze-your-knees Snowland will fix that!
- KET Tuesday, May 20 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, May 20 at 3:30 pm EDT
When I Grow Up/Doing It Differently #139
Cat is sure Nick and Sally will never guess what his friend Puggle will be when she grows up. Nick and Sally can't find Harvey the guinea pig. Cat suggests that they might find him by meeting three friends who always do things differently.
- KET Wednesday, May 21 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, May 21 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Sunday, May 25 at 7:30 am EDT
Seasons - Spring and Summer/Seasons - Fall and Winter #140
For Show and Tell at school, Nick and Sally must bring something from their favourite season. But how can they choose which is their favourite? The Cat in the Hat takes them to the magical Garden of Seasons, where they can visit any season they like, any time they like!
- KET Thursday, May 22 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, May 22 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 24 at 7:30 am EDT
Jumping on the Moon/Sneezy Riders #201
Nick and Sally try to jump high enough to touch the moon. Nick keeps sneezing.
- KET Friday, May 23 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Friday, May 23 at 3:30 pm EDT
The Surprising Bean/Hear Here #202
Nick keeps trying to surprise Sally, but he just can't do it! The Cat takes them to find a real surprise in the Skippylarito Fields! The kids hear chirping but can't find where it's coming from. If only they had better ears. The Cat takes them to meet animals with amazing ears.
- KET Monday, May 26 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, May 26 at 3:30 pm EDT
Bounce/Timmy Tippy Toe #203
Nick and Sally are wondering why their ball is so bouncy. Fish tells them it's because it's made from rubber, and rubber comes from trees. Nick and Sally are playing on a climbing frame but just can't manage to get to the top. Cat takes them to see Timmy Tippy Toe, the Klipspringer who is an expert climber!
- KET Tuesday, May 27 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, May 27 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 31 at 7:30 am EDT
No Night Today/Fun in the Sun #204
Nick and Sally want to keep playing, but it's getting dark. They meet Astronaut Audrey and learn about the solar system. The kids meet Hilda the Hippo who teaches them that hippos make their very own sunscreen to protect them from the hot sun.
- KET Wednesday, May 28 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, May 28 at 3:30 pm EDT
Meet The Beetles/Tongue Tied #205
Three of the Cat's beetle friends help Nick and Sally protect their cookie jar. Nick and Sally learn about different tongues.
- KET Thursday, May 29 at 8:30 am EDT
- KET Thursday, May 29 at 3:30 pm EDT
Official web site: http://pbskids.org/catinthehat/
More Like This
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! is made possible in part by: