Web site: http://www.newscandcook.com/
Award-winning TV host, food journalist, and cookbook author Andreas Viestad treats viewers to an eye-opening voyage through his native Norway, where he creates tantalizing recipes with unusual ingredients against stunning natural backdrops.
A Taste of Winter #501
Tina prepares grilled flatbread, cabbage salad, smoked salmon, meatballs, and a chocolate dessert.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 7 at 4:00 pm EDT
Fish on a Platter #502
Tina cooks crab, Norwegian lobster, scallops, and grills salmon over an open fire.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 14 at 4:00 pm EDT
Land of Fish and Apples #503
High atop a glacier, Tina makes a Norwegian drink and serves it with local fjord trout.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 21 at 4:00 pm EDT
The Taste of Trees #504
Andreas prepares hot-smoked pork glazed with a rich birch syrup, which he pours over waffles.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 28 at 4:00 pm EDT
An Edible Park #505
Andreas makes homemade ice cream flavored with rose petals and a Norwegian-style bruschetta with a wild-herb pesto.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 4 at 4:00 pm EDT
Summer on a Plate #506
Andreas prepares blue mussels grilled with fresh herbs and flatfish in a nutty butter sauce, oven-roasted chicken, and a strawberry milkshake.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 11 at 4:00 pm EDT
Fisherman's Harbor #507
Tina makes a lobster and herring sandwich, smoked seafood, and a strawberry dessert.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 18 at 4:00 pm EDT
Hiker's Food #508
Tina makes baked trout with herbs wrapped in cured ham, grilled sirloin, and mutton sausages.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 25 at 4:00 pm EDT
Bergen Food Renaissance #509
Andreas makes a trout tartar, a smoked trout dish, and a trout burger with onion compote and coleslaw.
- KET2 Wednesday, July 2 at 4:00 pm EDT
Mountain Riches #510
Tina makes fried fudge cheese, creamy chanterelles with cured mutton and lingonberries, and a thick pancake with Cognac raisins.
- KET2 Wednesday, July 9 at 4:00 pm EDT
Farmer's Food #511
Tina prepares an open omelet with broccoli, cheese, and horseradish; chicken with parsnip and herb dumplings; and glazed pigeon breast with vinegar pork belly and beets.
- KET2 Wednesday, July 16 at 4:00 pm EDT
Drama on a Plate #512
Andreas makes herring salad, wild duck with seasonal vegetables, and a dessert made with buttermilk.
- KET2 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm EDT
Tina's French Pantry #513
Tina prepares oysters and mussels with herbs and Cognac, Norwegian salmon with warm grapes and crown dill, and warm brie with grilled tomatoes.
- KET2 Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm EDT
Official web site: http://www.newscandcook.com/