Web site: http://www.portmanfilm.com
A catchy comedy drama that stars Martin Clunes as the brash doctor Martin Ellingham, whose blunt opinions and tactless manner cause mayhem in a small Cornish community.
Preserve The Romance #501
Martin finds his return to London delayed by the birth of his son, and then again by some sad news. Meanwhile he begins to have serious doubts about the competency of the new doctor after she misdiagnoses a patient and dishes out prescriptions for totally inappropriate drugs.
- KET Thursday, December 12 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, December 13 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 13 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 15 at 3:00 pm EST
Dry Your Tears #502
Martin moves to his former post at the surgery after the departure of Dr. Dibbs, agreeing to stay until a replacement is found. He persuades a reluctant Louisa to move into his house so he can help raise their son, and even suggests they could all move to London. Martin then delivers the eulogy at his aunt Joan's funeral and speaks to her sister Ruth, who proves to be just as cantankerous as he is.
- KET Thursday, December 19 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, December 20 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 20 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 22 at 3:00 pm EST
Born with a Shotgun #503
Sleepless nights are taking their toll on Martin and Louisa. Aunt Ruth is dealing with an intruder on the farm who has stolen the hubcaps from her car. The thief is identified as Michael Dunwich, who lives with his mother Shirley on a neighboring farm. Shirley makes an appointment with Martin to discuss the crippling stomach pains she has been suffering.
- KET Thursday, December 26 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, December 27 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 27 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 29 at 3:00 pm EST
Mother Knows Best #504
It's Portwenn Fun Day. The event sparks a culinary rivalry between Bert Large, who runs Large's Restaurant, and the landlord of the Crab and Lobster pub. Louisa's mum Eleanor arrives in Portwenn unexpectedly.
- KET Thursday, January 2 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, January 3 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 3 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 5 at 3:00 pm EST
Remember Me #505
PC Joe Penhale has an unexpected visitor in the shape of his ex-wife Maggie. Joe takes her to Large's restaurant, where fellow diner Martin quickly spots that Maggie is showing symptoms of amnesia. Louisa's mother Eleanor catches up with her old school friend Paul, a local fisherman, who takes her out on a date. Morwenna arrives at the surgery with an injured foot. PC Penhale warns Martin and Louisa that if they do not register a name for their baby soon, the state will be forced to step in.
- KET Thursday, January 9 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, January 10 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 10 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 12 at 3:00 pm EST
Don't Let Go #506
Joe Penhale is desperate to keep his ex-wife Maggie and show her he's changed. Aunt Ruth uncovers a chest of family heirlooms when she clears out a barn at the farm, including photos as Martin as a six-year-old schoolboy. Martin sets a date for the baby's christening without consulting Louisa. Tensions begin to rise between them.
- KET Thursday, January 16 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, January 17 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 17 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 19 at 3:00 pm EST
Cats and Sharks #507
Bert Large's restaurant business is in financial trouble. Eleanor comes to Bert's rescue with a plan to boost business at the restaurant. She digs in to help but begins to feel ill. Louisa insists she must see the Doc and Morwenna calls an ambulance. Martin plans to leave Portwenn to resume his career as a surgeon after his baby's christening.
- KET Thursday, January 23 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, January 24 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 24 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 26 at 3:00 pm EST
Ever After #508
Mrs. Tishell's long-standing crush on Martin takes a dramatic turn. It's now or never for Mrs. Tishell to make her romantic notions of a relationship with the Doc come true.
- KET Thursday, January 30 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Friday, January 31 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 31 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 2 at 3:00 pm EST
Sickness and Health #601
Portwenn is buzzing with arrangements for the wedding of the Doc and Louisa. Will they finally tie the knot, or will the villagers have to put the confetti back in the box again?
- KET Thursday, February 6 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 9 at 3:00 pm EST
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? #602
Martin and Louisa host a disastrous dinner party, the new nanny walks out, and Morwenna advertises for a lodger.
- KET Thursday, February 13 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 16 at 3:00 pm EST
The Tameness of a Wolf #603
Ruth is invited on Radio Portwenn and attracts an unwanted admirer. Doc and Louisa find a replacement nanny. One of Louisa's pupils pens a damning review of Bert's restaurant in the school magazine.
- KET Thursday, February 20 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 23 at 3:00 pm EST
Nobody Likes Me #604
Martin is coerced into taking James to playgroup and Ruth is having problems with her new neighbor.
- KET Thursday, February 27 at 9:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.portmanfilm.com
More Like This
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of Doc Martin is made possible in part by: