This series takes viewers on global travel adventures to experience culture, cuisine, history and adventure. Darley Newman hosts.
In Kentucky, discover wildflowers, a historic mill site, and rolling green hills on the trails at Shaker Village on horseback. Viewers learn about Kentucky's agricultural past as Darley rides smooth Tennessee Walking horses with a local resident, who is proud of her multi-generational farm and its heritage. Next, travel the trails at Land Between the Lakes and Barren River State Park in Western Kentucky. In Lexington, join Darley to see diverse breeds at the Kentucky Horse Park and attend a fast-paced, world-class equestrian competition, the Rolex Three Day Event. Next, visit a Thoroughbred rehabilitation center, where horses from the racetrack can find new homes.
- KETKY Monday, December 30 at 4:00 pm EST
- KET2 Wednesday, January 29 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 2 at 11:00 am EST
Botswana: Okavango Delta and Makgadikgadi Pans #601
Darley takes viewers on a journey through one the last great wilderness areas, Botswana's Okavango Delta, and the lunar-like Makgadikgadi Pans, meeting the wildlife and people.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 8 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 12 at 11:00 am EST
Botswana: Tuli, Makgadikgadi and Maun #602
Starting in Tuli, an area known as the "Land of the Giants" because of its larger than life natural attractions, Darley stays in eco-friendly safari camps and rides horses to view the zebra and wildebeest herds that dot these wild savannahs.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 15 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 19 at 11:00 am EST
Costa Rica #603
Discover Pacific Coast beaches, fertile farmland, and lush forests of the San Carlos Valley in Costa Rica. Mixing horseback riding with tree climbing and hot air ballooning, this program captures the true spirit of adventure in Costa Rica.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 22 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, January 26 at 11:00 am EST
Darley travels from Northeastern Arizona down to the border of Mexico to explore the diversity of this southwestern state. She rides at a 300-year-old hacienda style ranch in the high Sonoran desert with a real cowboy guide. Outside of Phoenix, Darley saddles up to ride old gold mining routes and pan for gold with a modern day prospector in the Bradshaw Mountains.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 5 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 9 at 11:00 am EST
Visit the Cayo and Mountain Pine Ridge Districts of Belize and explore Maya sites and caves and a variety of jungle lodges. Darley rides a few of the 100 horses at Banana Bank Lodge, a farm and ranch near the capitol city of Belmopan.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 12 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 16 at 11:00 am EST
Darley saddles up to explore Texas Hill Country, Fort Worth, and North Texas, riding with modern day cowboys to learn about Texas horse culture. At Wildcatter Ranch, Darley attempts to feed giant longhorn cattle, before driving a wild group of fresh cattle across a stream.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 19 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, February 23 at 11:00 am EST
Southern Quebec #608
Darley explores Quebec's snowy trails by horses, skis, and dogsleds and visits the city of Montreal, sampling some French pastries in Old Montreal and getting an insiders look at the Canadian horses in Mont Royal Park.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 26 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, March 2 at 11:00 am EST
Darley Newman rides through Utah's Bryce Canyon, Snow Canyon, Capitol Reef, and Antelope Island.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 5 at 9:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, March 9 at 11:00 am EST