Web site: http://www.kentuckyauthorforum.com/
A series featuring distinguished authors, each recognized in an area of prominence and each uniquely paired with an interviewer.
John Updike and Robert Siegel #104
The late John Updike is interviewed by Robert Siegel, host of National Public Radio's All Things Considered, about his book Golf Dreams.
- KETKY Sunday, March 2 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, March 6 at 5:00 am EDT
George Soros and John. D. Podesta #105
International financier, Holocaust survivor, philanthropist, and author George Soros discusses his book The Age of Fallibility: Consequences of the War on Terror with John D. Podeseta, president and CEO of the Center for American Progress. A 2006 KET production.
- KETKY Sunday, March 9 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, March 13 at 5:00 am EDT
Jane Goodall and Richard Wragham #106
The celebrated anthropologist is interviewed by Dr. Richard Wrangham, chairman of the Department of Anthropology at Harvard University. They discuss her book Reason for Hope: A Spiritual Journey, in which Goodall explores the moral and ethical dimensions of environmental concerns. A KET production taped at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts in Louisville.
- KETKY Sunday, March 16 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, March 20 at 5:00 am EDT
Wynton Marsalis and Robert Siegel #107
Jazz great Marsalis, a Pulitzer Prize winner and artistic director of Jazz at Lincoln Center, discusses his book Jazz in the Bittersweet Blues of Life. He is interviewed by National Public Radio's Robert Siegel, host of All Things Considered.
- KETKY Sunday, March 23 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, March 27 at 5:00 am EDT
Michael Pollan and Michael Shnayerson #108
Michael Pollan, a long-time contributing writer at the New York Times Magazine and a journalism teacher at the University of California, Berkeley, discusses his books In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto and The Omnivore's Dilemma. He is interviewed by Michael Shnayerson, a contributing editor of Vanity Fair.
- KETKY Sunday, March 30 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, April 3 at 5:00 am EDT
Sandra Day O'Connor and Pete Williams #110
Sandra Day O'Connor, associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and first woman appointed to the Court, discusses her book The Majesty of the Law with NBC News Correspondent Pete Williams.
- KETKY Sunday, April 6 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, April 10 at 5:00 am EDT
Karen Armstrong and Robert Siegel #111
Karen Armstrong, author of a number of books on religion, including A History of God and Budda, speaks with National Public Radio host Robert Siegel.
- KETKY Sunday, April 13 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, April 17 at 5:00 am EDT
Johnny Apple and Tom Brokaw #112
Johnny Apple, former associate editor of the New York Times, discusses his book Apple's America and shares his robust enthusiasm for the history, architecture, business, and culture of 40 great urban centers of America - including Louisville. He is interviewed by Tom Brokaw, NBC news correspondent and former anchor. A 2005 KET production.
- KETKY Sunday, April 20 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, April 24 at 5:00 am EDT
Official web site: http://www.kentuckyauthorforum.com/