The United Kingdom is made up of about 6,000 different islands. Actor Martin Clunes sets out to explore these beautiful but remote communities, shedding new light on their history, culture, flora, and fauna.
The North #101
Exploring the remote Scottish islands, Clunes begins his journey on Muckle Flugga, the most northerly outpost of the British Isles. He visits Forvik and Unst in the Shetlands; the Outer Hebrides; and Barra, the westernmost inhabited island in Britain.
- KET Sunday, May 4 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2 Sunday, May 4 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET Friday, May 9 at 3:00 am EDT
The West #102
The journey includes tiny island of Piel, near Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria; the chain of islands known as the Outer Hebrides in Scotland, which are surrounded by some of the most dangerous seas in Britain; the Isle of Man; and Rathlin, the only inhabited island off the coast of Northern Ireland.
- KET Sunday, May 11 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2 Sunday, May 11 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Thursday, May 15 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET Friday, May 16 at 3:00 am EDT
The South #103
Clunes explores islands off the south coast including Guernsey in the Channel Islands, Sark, St. Michael's Mount, and the Scilly Isles.
- KET Sunday, May 18 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2 Sunday, May 18 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Thursday, May 22 at 4:00 pm EDT
- KET Friday, May 23 at 3:00 am EDT