Web site: http://www.katiebrown.com
With her Midwestern charm, girl-next-door persona and "keep it simple" ethic, Katie Brown demonstrates how to make a house a home in her new series, KATIE BROWN WORKSHOP. Everyday life at home is a joyous adventure for Katie, whether she is planning and cooking a dinner party, working in her garden, redecorating a room or meeting the daily needs of a young family. Her imaginative and budget-conscious approach to the home arts has been a breath of fresh air for a new generation of homemakers, earning her praise from People Magazine as "TV's meat-and-potatoes Martha Stewart." From her real-life workshop, Katie uses seasonal foods and colors to prepare simple and enjoyable meals, demystify the science of gardening and transform holiday decorations into works of art.
Kids and Fruit #224
Healthy food snacks and projects for the kids to help with, including fruit dip sticks, lemon sorbet wedges, orange cake, an orange bird feeder, and fruit creatures.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 11 at 9:30 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 20 at 8:30 am EST
- KET2 Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
A festive pinecone table runner, faux-real trees, a delicious pear salad, and ginger pancakes.
- KET2 Thursday, December 12 at 9:30 am EST
Katie prepares a no-stress holiday meal with the help of the crew. Chef Chris Paulk whips up red pepper risotto, pork tenderloin, and Kentucky eggnog. Then, Katie decks the halls with an advent calendar and a dressed-up styrofoam Christmas tree.
- KET2 Friday, December 13 at 9:30 am EST
- KET2 Monday, December 16 at 8:30 am EST
Home for the Holidays #512
Katie makes mouth-watering roasted turkey, delicious garlic potatoes, and a quick-and-easy apple crumble. Also, a wreath made from rope and a "gourdgeous" fall centerpiece.
- KET2 Tuesday, December 17 at 8:30 am EST
A Sparkling Holiday #513
Katie makes beef filet with cranberry tarragon butter, silky potato gratin and orange and olive salad with basil vinaigrette. Also, glamorous name cards and star-studded pinecone trees.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 18 at 8:30 am EST
Minty Holiday #601
Katie creates recipes and projects inspired by the festive red and white peppermint. She makes refreshing mashed potato blend, rack of lamb with minty glaze, and Kim's thin mint cookies.
- KET2 Thursday, December 19 at 8:30 am EST
A Spring Celebration #201
A nest-inspired place card, two ways to use roses on a table, herb focaccia bread, and turkey-bacon egg frittatas.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 1 at 1:30 pm EST
Keep 'em Busy #202
Katie keeps kids busy with easy recipes for a healthy taco bar and a kid-friendly cookie bar. Also, a nature-inspired gingerbread house and a child-sized "doodle desk."
- KET2 Wednesday, January 8 at 1:30 pm EST
Lady Luncheon #203
A garden party menu featuring salad pizza and green bean salad, a mossy welcome sign, and woven serving trays.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 15 at 1:30 pm EST
Green Celebration #204
A moss window planter, a copper candelabra, an herb-rubbed flank steak, and vegetable orzo.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 22 at 1:30 pm EST
A Weekend Agenda #205
Katie makes poached eggs with pesto and coconut cookies. Projects include a personalized weeding bucket and an album to organize photo CDs.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 29 at 1:30 pm EST
Kids in the Garden #206
Katie makes garden cupcakes and oven-fried chicken tenders. Projects include a critter growth chart and a ladybug bag.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 5 at 1:30 pm EST
Love Always #207
Katie makes truffles and pecan buddies. Projects include special wrapping ideas and a sparkly vase.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 12 at 1:30 pm EST
Backyard Style #208
Katie makes beer-simmered bratwurst, burgers, and baked beans. Projects include stylish food baskets and a backyard fountain.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 19 at 1:30 pm EST
Flowers, Flowers Everywhere #209
Katie adds color and life to every room with floral hoops and framed flowers, then puts a new twist on some classic recipes with a lemon thyme pound cake and rosy fudge.
- KET2 Wednesday, February 26 at 1:30 pm EST
Beach Dreams #210
Recipes and projects that capture the delights of a summer at the beach: plank-grilled white fish, cilantro rice, sand memory frames, and frosted candle globes.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 5 at 1:30 pm EST
Who Needs a Wedding Planner? #211
Ideas for invitations and one-flower arrangements, plus recipes for quiche cups with shrimp, chicken pinwheels, and polenta sandwiches.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 12 at 1:30 pm EST
A Perfect Shower #212
Katie celebrates life's special moments with a flower-box invitation and a row of roses, plus recipes for turkey sausage skewers, tapenade puff pastries, and crab crostini.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 1:30 pm EST
Farm Stand #213
Katie demonstrates how to grow and then cook garden-fresh delights.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 1:30 pm EST
Kids' Party #214
A kids' table mat, hanging hoops, and some tasty treats: ribbon dessert, ice cream sandwiches, and peanut butter and jelly on cornbread.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 1:30 pm EST
Pay It Forward #215
Katie makes easy-to-carry meals, including shrimp and cheese casserole with caramel brownies, and homemade gift baskets and fizzy bath balls.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Early Earners #216
Ideas for a neighborhood lemonade stand.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Down-Home Dining #217
Katie brings a little Southern charm and hospitality into the home with recipes for skillet cornbread and BBQ pork. Projects include denim napkins, corn-sticker place cards, and tomatoes in a vase.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Come Home with Katie Brown #218
In her home, Katie shares creative tips while chatting with experts about everything from flooring to draperies.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Take the Party Outside #219
Tried-and-true ideas for taking a party out of doors.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
A Cabin Feel #220
Ideas for keeping warm on a cold winter night.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Sports Night #221
Recipes for potato wedges and grilled cheese three ways, plus project ideas for sports-inspired flower arrangements and tailgating trays and coasters.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Paper It #222
Project and recipe ideas using a variety of colors, styles, and types of paper.
- KET2 Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
A Natural Beauty #223
Katie brings some of Mother Nature's beauty inside with ideas for roasting nuts, freezing grapes, and stitching fern leaves to create a pressed-leaf collage.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Katie makes potatoes deluxe and classic roast beef. Projects include candle cocktails, an Advent calendar, and a holiday wreath.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Gifts Galore #226
Katie shows why it is better (and more fun) to give than to receive with creative and easy ideas for designer breadsticks, irresistible pretzels, and projects like dressed-up store-bought gifts and a gift box topiary.
- KET2 Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 1:30 pm EDT
Official web site: http://www.katiebrown.com