This nine-part series, hosted by KET's Dave Shuffett, explores Southern and Eastern Kentucky. Produced by StudioLink and paid for by SEKTDA, the Southern and Eastern Kentucky Tourism and Development Association.
Mountain Parkway Trails Corridor #107
Eastern Kentucky's Mountain Parkway region is an outdoor lover's delight, featuring the natural arches and stone formations of the Red River Gorge and Natural Bridge State Park and the scenic beauty of the surrounding Daniel Boone National Forest.
- KETKY Sunday, August 24 at 1:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, September 24 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, October 19 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, October 21 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, November 26 at 6:30 am EST
First Frontier Corridor #103
The story of the permanent settlement of Kentucky begins at the Cumberland Gap. The "secret road" west through the dense Cumberland Mountains, long used by buffalo and deer, eluded explorers from America's Atlantic states for decades—though the Shawnee and Cherokee knew it well.
- KETKY Wednesday, August 27 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, September 4 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 21 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, September 23 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, October 29 at 6:30 am EST
Southern I-75 Corridor #102
Interstate 75 is the major Florida-to-Canada freeway. Travelers who take the time to exit the interstate and explore the less-traveled roads along its southern Kentucky route will find Renfro Valley, memories of Daniel Boone, and a wealth of renowned Kentucky traditions to be discovered and enjoyed.
- KETKY Thursday, August 28 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 14 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, September 16 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, October 22 at 6:30 am EDT
Mountain Lake Corridor #108
Cave Run Lake in Rowan County is almost entirely surrounded by the northern portion of the Daniel Boone National Forest. In addition to outdoor recreation, area attractions include the Kentucky Folk Art Museum in Morehead and a herd of bison.
- KETKY Sunday, August 31 at 1:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, October 1 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, October 26 at 2:00 pm EST
- KETKY Tuesday, October 28 at 7:30 pm EST
- KETKY Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 6:30 am EST
Country Music Highway Corridor #104
For many, Kentucky is all about its music—and much of that music took root along the stretch of Highway 23 in Eastern Kentucky known as the Country Music Highway. Starting at Butcher Holler, where the legendary Loretta Lynn began her career, the highway takes travelers on an odyssey past the places where many stars were born and learned their art.
- KETKY Wednesday, September 3 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 28 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, September 30 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, November 5 at 6:30 am EST
Heartland Waterways Corridor #101
One of the nation's proudest outdoor wonderlands is in southern Kentucky, known today for its abundant lakes and rivers. Threads of history are woven throughout—including a connection to Jesse James—and the combination of tradition and outdoor appeal inspires a plethora of festivals.
- KETKY Sunday, September 7 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, September 9 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, October 15 at 6:30 am EDT
The Cumberlands Corridor #105
Pristine forests, Kentucky's tallest waterfall, and meandering rivers and streams fill the Kentucky corridor known as the Cumberlands. It is also an area of adventure and excitement, the living history of coal mining, and outstanding music festivals.
- KETKY Wednesday, September 10 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, October 5 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, October 7 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, November 12 at 6:30 am EST
Heritage Landmarks Corridor #106
Picturesque farmlands, horse-racing and Civil War history, the first brick house in Kentucky, the home of the first chartered school, and more.
- KETKY Wednesday, September 17 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, October 12 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, October 14 at 7:30 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, November 19 at 6:30 am EST
Kentucky Elk Country Corridor #109
On a quiet, peaceful hike in the Eastern Kentucky hills, Dave encounters vistas that haven't changed since pioneer days as well as huge elk, recently reintroduced to the area. The region is also full of reminders that here coal is king.
- KETKY Wednesday, October 8 at 6:30 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, November 2 at 2:00 pm EST
- KETKY Tuesday, November 4 at 7:30 pm EST
- KETKY Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 6:30 am EST