Web site: http://filsonhistorical.org/
The Filson Historical Society lecture series brings authors to the public who have made a significant contribution in highlighting our regional and national history.
Evan Thomas - Eisenhower's Secret Battle to Save the World #102
Author and journalist Evan Thomas discusses his book Ike's Bluff: President Eisenhower's Secret Battle to Save the World.
- KETKY Tuesday, June 4 at 11:30 am EDT
- KETKY Friday, June 28 at 9:00 am EDT
Sallie Bingham's Literary Reflections #101
Kentucky author Sallie Bingham looks back on her family's history through recently found letters and writings.
- KETKY Tuesday, June 25 at 11:00 am EDT
Estill Curtis Pennington - Country Mice and City Slickers #103
American culture historian Ellis Curtis Pennington compares and contrasts the decorative styles and seminal events of Lexington and Louisville.
- KETKY Friday, July 5 at 9:00 am EDT
L. Douglas Keeney - The Pointblank Directive: Three Generals and the Daring Plan that Saved D-Day #104
L. Douglass Keeney, military historian and co-founder of The Military Channel, presents new research about three aviation strategists who were able to sweep the skies clean of the Luftwaffe to gain air superiority over the D-Day beaches.
- KETKY Tuesday, July 9 at 1:00 am EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, July 9 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, July 10 at 9:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Friday, July 12 at 9:00 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, July 13 at 10:00 am EDT
- KET Wednesday, July 31 at 3:00 am EDT
Official web site: http://filsonhistorical.org/