A look at the history, techniques, movements, and people who create the magic of motion pictures. Jeffrey Hill and Mark A. Graves hosts. A Morehead State University production.
This program explores what characteristics indicate a film genre (e.g. horror, Western, etc...) and how viewers understand the story put before them.
- KETKY Saturday, May 18 at 12:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, May 20 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, August 10 at 12:30 am EDT
A look at the tools used to create different lighting set-ups with examples for illustration.
- KETKY Saturday, May 25 at 12:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, May 27 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, August 17 at 12:30 am EDT
This program examines what a camera operator is responsible for in creating the look the director desires.
- KETKY Saturday, June 1 at 12:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, June 3 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 12:30 am EDT
Investigates the various types of sound, how they are recorded, and how they are incorporated in a film.
- KETKY Saturday, June 8 at 12:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, June 10 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 12:30 am EDT
Overseas Cinema #111
A discussion of some of the the major foreign film movements, such as Italian Neo-Realism and French New Wave.
- KETKY Saturday, June 15 at 12:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, June 17 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 12:30 am EDT
Two practical animated tutorials are presented as well as some classical animation from the early 1900s.
- KETKY Saturday, June 22 at 12:30 am EDT
- KET Monday, June 24 at 2:30 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 12:30 am EDT
Early Cinema #101
A discussion about the birth of cinema in the late 1800's through the talkies in 1928. Included are early films from Thomas Edison, The Lumiere Brothers, and George Melies.
- KETKY Saturday, June 29 at 12:30 am EDT
The Golden Age #102
This program focuses on the classical Hollywood era of 1928 through the 1950s. The hosts discuss and present clips from some of the films which made this era of Hollywood so memorable.
- KETKY Saturday, July 6 at 12:30 am EDT
Explore films from major directors of cinema and learn how a script is formatted.
- KETKY Saturday, July 13 at 12:30 am EDT
How a film is cut to create the story we see on the screen and different examples are presented.
- KETKY Saturday, July 20 at 12:30 am EDT
Mise-en-scene, looks at how filmmakers make decisions about what is put before the camera. Mise-en-scene includes costumes, props, set design, positioning of actors, and other elements.
- KETKY Saturday, July 27 at 12:30 am EDT
Different styles of documentary filmmaking from the birth of cinema to the present day are explored.
- KETKY Saturday, August 3 at 12:30 am EDT