Web site: http://www.knittingdailytv.com
This series covers a variety of needle crafts from knitting and crochet to stitching, felting, and spinning, and guides viewers in learning to make fun yet smart one-of-a-kind designs using the latest products in yarn and fiber.
Pinwheel knitting, mitered knitting, creating fullness in your crochet designs, and a short-row scarf project.
- KET2 Friday, August 29 at 11:00 am EDT
Joining Up #713
In-depth instruction on the mattress stitch, some of the best patterns by top designers in the crochet world, the last of the lessons on the Chain Reaction Afghan, and a quick lesson on knit-on edgings.
- KET Saturday, August 30 at 12:30 pm EDT
Help Wanted #806
A primer on working with pencil rovings, all about pilly yarns, faux overlapping crochet motifs, and reinforcing threads to fix saggy or weak spots in a knitted project.
- KET2 Friday, September 5 at 11:00 am EDT
Nature-Inspired Knits #1301
Anne Hanson talks about natural wool and shows how to bring out the best of yarn's natural texture.
- KET Saturday, September 6 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 31 at 11:00 am EST
Texture It Is #807
A scrunch stitch, or welting stitch, and how to knit into rows below your working row; various texture filled knitwear and the tubular cast-on; lightweight yarns; and how to knit in stacked ruffles.
- KET2 Friday, September 12 at 11:00 am EDT
Short Stuff #1302
Myra Wood shows how to work short-rows in a colorful scarf pattern.
- KET Saturday, September 13 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, November 7 at 11:00 am EST
A Touch of Whimsy #808
Turning cables on the axis with bias knitting; drape, ruching, and more directional stitching; creating vintage potholders; and a lesson on beaded cast-ons.
- KET2 Friday, September 19 at 11:00 am EDT
Literary Knits #1303
Costume designer Annie Modesitt talks about knitting's place in literature at the knitting library.
- KET Saturday, September 20 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, November 14 at 11:00 am EST
A primer in I-cord, great beginning needlepoint projects, knitted and crocheted purse fashion, how to crochet a sturdy purse handle, and a tip on mitered corners.
- KET2 Friday, September 26 at 11:00 am EDT
Yakkety Yak #810
How to give your knitting a new lift with techniques that carry a strand in to the row above for a pop of color and texture, yak yarns, filet crochet, and a quick tip on fringe.
- KET2 Friday, October 3 at 11:00 am EDT
No-Needles Knits #1304
Isela Phelps demonstrates the knitting loom and shows how to make a mitered-square blanket.
- KET Saturday, October 4 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, November 21 at 11:00 am EST
Go Global #811
A beautiful Latvian old-world technique that shows off color work; Portuguese two-color knitting; Tunisian crocheted lace; and a lesson in thrumming, a technique that adds warmth to your knitting with a layer of rovings knitted in.
- KET2 Friday, October 10 at 11:00 am EDT
Double Knitting #1305
Laura Bryant creates a reversible cowl using the magic number and hand-dyed yarn.
- KET Saturday, October 11 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, November 28 at 11:00 am EST
Get Shorty #812
A primer in short rows, short row knitting for scarves, lightweight crochet projects for newborns, and yarn advice for knitting short rows.
- KET2 Friday, October 17 at 11:00 am EDT
Fair Isle Style #1306
Kirsten Kapur demonstrates Fair Isle-inspired stranded colorwork.
- KET Saturday, October 18 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, December 5, 2014 at 11:00 am EST
Quite Effective #813
A lesson in grafting in patterns, a great pullover design that incorporates textured stitches, how to care for your vintage textiles with proper washing and spot cleaning techniques, and a clever afterthought opening minimizes waste and shaping dilemmas at heels and sleeves.
- KET2 Friday, October 24 at 11:00 am EDT
Boy Meets Girl #1307
Retailing dynamos Kathy and Steve Elkins discuss yarn trends and the business side of knitting.
- KET Saturday, October 25 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, December 12, 2014 at 11:00 am EST
Everyday Lace #1308
Author Heather Zoppetti shows how to begin a circular lace piece and finish a lacy beret.
- KET Saturday, November 1 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Friday, December 19, 2014 at 11:00 am EST
Woven Look #1309
Gwen Bortner introduces entrelac and shows how to create the building blocks of the fabric.
- KET Saturday, November 8 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Friday, December 26, 2014 at 11:00 am EST
If It Knits, It Fits #1310
- KET Saturday, November 15 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Friday, January 2, 2015 at 11:00 am EST
Foot Forward #1311
- KET Saturday, November 22 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Friday, January 9, 2015 at 11:00 am EST
In Living Color! #1312
- KET Saturday, November 29 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Friday, January 16, 2015 at 11:00 am EST
Crochet Day! #1313
- KET2 Friday, January 23, 2015 at 11:00 am EST
Official web site: http://www.knittingdailytv.com
Price available upon request.