Noted historian and pied piper of Louisville, Dr. Tom Owen captures the essence of the city with walking tours that are lively, funny, poignant, and informative.
St. James and Environs #101
A Victorian neighborhood comes to life as Tom Owen explores the homes, statues, fountains, and gardens of St. James Court, Belgravia, and Central Park. Old Louisville's grand architecture reveals the story of a city's vibrant past.
- KETKY Wednesday, June 12 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Friday, July 12 at 3:00 am EDT
Discover the Portland neighborhood, once an independent town below the Falls of the Ohio, through restored historic properties.
- KETKY Tuesday, June 18 at 11:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, June 19 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, July 17 at 3:00 am EDT
City Center Walk #103
Re-discover the collection of public buildings, monuments, and memorials in the heart of Louisville. Tom Owen weaves memorable tales that expose the strength, humor, irony, and tragedy that shaped Louisville's history.
- KETKY Tuesday, June 25 at 11:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, June 26 at 11:00 am EDT
Life in the Old Neighborhood #104
Tom Owen takes viewers back in time to just after World War II when front porches, corner grocery stores and taverns, sidewalks filled with residents and visitors, the neighborhood picture show, and others conveyed a sense of community.
- KETKY Tuesday, July 2 at 11:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, July 3 at 11:00 am EDT