Noted historian and pied piper of Louisville, Dr. Tom Owen captures the essence of the city with walking tours that are lively, funny, poignant, and informative.
St. James and Environs #101
A Victorian neighborhood comes to life as Tom Owen explores the homes, statues, fountains, and gardens of St. James Court, Belgravia, and Central Park. Old Louisville's grand architecture reveals the story of a city's vibrant past.
- KETKY Monday, April 21 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, April 23 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, May 6 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Monday, May 12 at 4:00 am EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, June 10 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, June 24 at 3:00 am EDT
Discover the Portland neighborhood, once an independent town below the Falls of the Ohio, through restored historic properties.
- KETKY Tuesday, April 22 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, June 11 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, June 25 at 3:00 am EDT
City Center Walk #103
Re-discover the collection of public buildings, monuments, and memorials in the heart of Louisville. Tom Owen weaves memorable tales that expose the strength, humor, irony, and tragedy that shaped Louisville's history.
- KETKY Wednesday, April 23 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, June 12 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, June 26 at 3:00 am EDT
Life in the Old Neighborhood #104
Tom Owen takes viewers back in time to just after World War II when front porches, corner grocery stores and taverns, sidewalks filled with residents and visitors, the neighborhood picture show, and others conveyed a sense of community.
- KETKY Thursday, April 24 at 2:01 am EDT
- KETKY Friday, June 13 at 11:00 am EDT
- KETKY Friday, June 27 at 3:00 am EDT