Noted historian and pied piper of Louisville, Dr. Tom Owen captures the essence of the city with walking tours that are lively, funny, poignant, and informative.
Life in the Old Neighborhood #104
Tom Owen takes viewers back in time to just after World War II when front porches, corner grocery stores and taverns, sidewalks filled with residents and visitors, the neighborhood picture show, and others conveyed a sense of community.
- KETKY Thursday, August 28 at 4:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, September 25 at 9:00 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 28 at 4:00 am EDT
St. James and Environs #101
A Victorian neighborhood comes to life as Tom Owen explores the homes, statues, fountains, and gardens of St. James Court, Belgravia, and Central Park. Old Louisville's grand architecture reveals the story of a city's vibrant past.
- KETKY Thursday, September 4 at 9:00 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 7 at 4:00 am EDT
- KETKY Friday, October 10 at 4:00 pm EDT
Discover the Portland neighborhood, once an independent town below the Falls of the Ohio, through restored historic properties.
- KETKY Thursday, September 11 at 9:00 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 14 at 4:00 am EDT
City Center Walk #103
Re-discover the collection of public buildings, monuments, and memorials in the heart of Louisville. Tom Owen weaves memorable tales that expose the strength, humor, irony, and tragedy that shaped Louisville's history.
- KETKY Thursday, September 18 at 9:00 am EDT
- KETKY Sunday, September 21 at 4:00 am EDT