Noted historian and pied piper of Louisville, Dr. Tom Owen captures the essence of the city with walking tours that are lively, funny, poignant, and informative.
St. James and Environs #101
A Victorian neighborhood comes to life as Tom Owen explores the homes, statues, fountains, and gardens of St. James Court, Belgravia, and Central Park. Old Louisville's grand architecture reveals the story of a city's vibrant past.
- KETKY Wednesday, March 12 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Saturday, March 15 at 4:00 am EDT
- KETKY Monday, April 21 at 2:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, April 23 at 10:00 am EDT
Discover the Portland neighborhood, once an independent town below the Falls of the Ohio, through restored historic properties.
- KETKY Wednesday, March 19 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, March 20 at 3:00 am EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, April 22 at 2:00 am EDT
City Center Walk #103
Re-discover the collection of public buildings, monuments, and memorials in the heart of Louisville. Tom Owen weaves memorable tales that expose the strength, humor, irony, and tragedy that shaped Louisville's history.
- KETKY Wednesday, March 26 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, April 23 at 2:00 am EDT
Life in the Old Neighborhood #104
Tom Owen takes viewers back in time to just after World War II when front porches, corner grocery stores and taverns, sidewalks filled with residents and visitors, the neighborhood picture show, and others conveyed a sense of community.
- KETKY Wednesday, April 2 at 10:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, April 24 at 2:01 am EDT