Web site: http://www.houstonpbs.org/livingsmart
Guests discuss specific topic to assist viewers in getting the most out of life by finding solutions to different life challenges.
Healthy Mom, Healthy Child #507
Elizabeth Irvine is author of Healthy Mother, Healthy Child: Creating Whole Families from the Inside Out.
- KET2 Wednesday, August 27 at 1:00 pm EDT
Find Job Fulfillment #508
Rebecca Lunstroth discusses how to bring satisfaction to your job and when to consider a new career.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 3 at 1:00 pm EDT
Thrive with Disabilities #509
Roberta Diddel PhD. is the founder and executive director of Disability 101 and serves as a lecturer in Psychology at Rice University. Dr. Diddel specializes in helping individuals to meet the challenges of personal loss, life change, brain injury, dementia, chronic pain, and chronic illness.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 10 at 1:00 pm EDT
Emotionally Intelligent Marriages #510
Dr. Donald Cole, a licensed counselor in marriage and family counseling, explains how he uses his knowledge of pastoral counseling and psychotherapy to help couples learn to communicate through problem areas of marriages.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 17 at 1:00 pm EDT
Healing Conversations #511
Emmy award-winning journalist Nance Guilmartin discusses her book Healing Conversations: A Practical Guide for Communication during Hard Times.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 24 at 1:00 pm EDT
Heart Driven Leadership #512
Laura Lopez is an award-winning author, leadership specialist, branding expert, and business and life coach with more than 20 years of corporate experience. She discusses her book, The Connected and Committed Leader.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 1 at 1:00 pm EDT
Success in the Workplace #513
Dr. Karen Otazo is a global executive coach and with over 25 years of experience working for a myriad of top-level multinational organizations. She discusses her book, The Truth about Managing your Career.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 8 at 1:00 pm EDT
Creating A New Life #601
Journalist, author, and long running early morning television host Joan Lunden is the guest.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 15 at 1:00 pm EDT
The Law of Abundance #602
Psychologist Sherry Buffington, Ph.D. is an expert on the behaviors that lead to personal success.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 22 at 1:00 pm EDT
Standing Up to Workplace Bullies #603
Craig Clayton isa diversity and corporate culture consultant to a long list of corporate clients.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 29 at 1:00 pm EST
Understanding Body Language #604
Jan Hargrave, popular speaker and author of Let Me See Your Body Talk, discusses body language.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 5 at 1:00 pm EST
Keys to Entrepreneurial Success #605
Guest Ken Jones discusses strategies for entrepreneurs who are starting their own businesses.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 12 at 1:00 pm EST
The Virtue of Generosity #606
Pianist and composer Anita Kruse discusses her Purple Songs Can Fly Project.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 19 at 1:00 pm EST
The Healing Power of Music #607
Pianist Anita Kruse provides a creative outlet for children at the Texas Children's Cancer Center.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 26 at 1:00 pm EST
Parenting Skills and Empowering Families #608
Educator and television producer Lupe Casares discusses how to empower parents and families.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
Igniting Your Life #609
Sarah Gish shares secrets to fully living using daily practices of love, spirituality, and nutrition.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
Keys to Inner Peace #610
Dr. Alejandro Chaoul teaches courses in spirituality and health at the University of Texas.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
Spirituality and the Brain #611
Mark Waldman discusses what the effects of meditation and positive thinking can have on the brain. His work in matters of the mind has led to a series of revelations on how the concept of God impacts the brain and how that affects humans as a whole.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 24, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
Managing Menopause Your Way #612
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Barbara Taylor, M.D. helps women navigate the menopause transition.
- KET2 Wednesday, December 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
Contentment: A Way to True Happiness #613
Jungian Psychologist, lecturer and author, Jerry M. Ruhl discusses a path to happiness.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Empowering Youth to Save The Planet #614
Gary Dunham, a retired marketing and design executive, is leading a crusade against climate change.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Coping with War Trauma #615
Retired Marine Captain Katariina Fagering is author of The Art and Soul of Dancing Barefoot.
- KET2 Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.houstonpbs.org/livingsmart
Price available upon request.
Home videos not available.